Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a slightly damaged 09 Roadster GS5SG JUST PRIOR TO xmas.
vIN # 2BXJAWA189V000080
Front storage Unit Gone but only minor damage to Brackets and front wheel
suspension unit.
As It was at auction i HAVE no idea of circumstances of accident and wondering if this steering UNIT recalled could possibly have been the culprit.?

Also on starting I have to press the Mode button and then the S before it will start, after 10sec or so the Engine check light comes on.
Oil is pumping but not a stream like a Harley, more like me with a prostrate problem.
Is the 09 steer unit up for recall??
Any feedback on the Start proceedure as I have no books???
Any feed back on the engine Check light??
Are there any Laptop diagnostic programs available on the net some one can direct me to??

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Gee... If you bought it at auction I guess that you'll need to take the VIN to a dealer to have them check it to see if the DPS was already replaced... All of them are subject ot this recall.
Your starting procedure is correct, but that "Check Engine" light isn't supposed to be part of it... You really need to get the whole machine to a dealer to have them plug it for a diagnostics check...
I'd be concerned about making sure that everything in the front end is still straight... again: have a dealer check it over. They know what things should be looking like under the bodywork!
Good luck with this project and we want to see pictures after the resurrection! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
306 Posts
First Welcome to Can-Am forms!

When starting you should only need to press the mode button then the scrolling message will go away. If the RS is in gear you have to press the brake before the starter will work, if in neutral it should start once the mode button is pressed. There is a streering position sensor that may have been damaged. As Bob said, all '09 spyders were part of this recall. The dealer can hook up the RS to BUDS (computer) and it will tell you if the DPS has been replaced and what the cause of your error is. You may want to look on ebay for a new front end, I have seen some there. There is a temp sensor that was mounted to the trunk that is probably gone also. This is needed to control the air/fuel mix.

The RS looks a little weird without the trunk!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gee... If you bought it at auction I guess that you'll need to take the VIN to a dealer to have them check it to see if the DPS was already replaced... All of them are subject ot this recall.
Your starting procedure is correct, but that "Check Engine" light isn't supposed to be part of it... You really need to get the whole machine to a dealer to have them plug it for a diagnostics check...
I'd be concerned about making sure that everything in the front end is still straight... again: have a dealer check it over. They know what things should be looking like under the bodywork!
Good luck with this project and we want to see pictures after the resurrection! :D
Thanks for response Bob and Jeff, Can Am have responded and is in line for replacement unit. Most likely the reason for the demise of the trunk. No frame damage other than wheel support arms. Thanks for the welcome and I will certainly be interested in any
other improvements in the future

PG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts