Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..wonder if anybody have had any problems with starting their Spyder?
So far I know of another friend who has the same problem...sometimes when inserting the key,switch will not start cycle..after a few times reinserting key it will start.
Am taking it to the shop next week.
Thanks for any informations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crossed battery cable Help

My son crossed the battery cables when trying to jump start spyder. Now I have several faults, vss fault, abs fault, and ebd fault. Also gear selector says 0 instead of neutral. Bike wont start, one fuse blew and it was the rectifier fuse and I replaced that. Bike wont start as well. Where do i start to figure out what went wrong? Any spyder techs out there?

·
Registered
110 Posts
My suggestion would be to get a new fully charged battery and and install it in the bike and then try starting the bike it sound as though the battery that you have is damaged and you will need a new battery any way since it was dead and than and you reversed polarity with the jumper cables this would be the place to start. the computer may clear it self good luck. P S there is a relay on the right hand side (looking at the front of the bike) under the front trunk lid pull up the plastic shield the main relay is there. the part # is a duralast 19271 you can get this a the auto parts store. this could be one of your problems also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the relay and a new battery. The auto parts store said old battery was still good so I kept it and put it on a trickle charger and installed new battery as well. Didn't work any more suggetions. Dealer said it might of fried the ecm/ecu. They also said computer can only be reset by them/that sounds like a scam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts