Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year* is the 10th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on our nation and I thought it would be great to have a bunch of Spyders commemorate that event. So, I am putting together a trip that will visit all of the 9/11 sites – including Boston where the flights originated – as well as other historic/patriotic sights along the way such as Washington DC, Annapolis MD (Home to the US Naval Academy), Philadelphia PA (the Birthplace of Freedom), West Point NY (Home to the US Military Academy) and Gettysburg Battlefield PA

This is the route I have laid out

Route/Itinerary

There have been suggestions that this be a charity event which I think is a great idea. However, I have no experience with large scale fund-raising and could use help or sponsorship if we are to do that.

Potential Charities:
International Association of Fire Fighters,
NYC Police Foundation and New York State Fraternal Order of Police Foundation
Twin Towers Fund
National September 11 Memorial & Museum
Friends of Flight 93

I would be happy to provide space for a BBQ before and/or after the run at my place in Martinsburg WV. I have 2 acres and can handle a large crowd.

I know this is plenty early but I’d like to put a lot of time into this and need time to do the research and to contact major news networks to publicize the event once we settle on a good time. I was thinking of possibly late Spring/early Summer next year or actually do it on 9/11 2011.

It would be GREAT if this were a LARGE gathering of Spyders

I’m open to ideas/suggestions

IRISH

1 - 1 of 1 Posts