Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting this out there just in case you're interested in getting together from time to time with other Spyder ryders in and around Southern Oregon for some great rydes and fellowship.

We're not anticipating a 'structured' club with meetings, memberships, etc.,
but merely a way to network with others for planning rydes, etc.
We especially would like to hear about your favorite rydes.

If you are interested, we'd love to hear from you!

Cat in Grants Pass
SOre[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can-Am SE5 in Caldwell ID

I own a 2009 SE-5 and am interested in riding with other Can-Am riders.

I live in Caldwell, ID.
62 years old
I have been riding for 40+ years.

Just finished a 1700 mi. trip over the Memorial Day weekend. First long trip on my Can-Am. The bike ran out great.

Looking forward to hooking up with other Can-Am riders in the Oregon or Idaho areas.

Jim Belus
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bend

I'm planning on retiring in Bend / Medford / Grants Pass in 2 years, Just wondering how the riding is there and are their other friendly Spyder riders around for short/medium or overnight rides.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
12 Posts
In Grants Pass

I am a new Spyder (2014 RT-S) owner in Grants Pass. Would like to meet other owners in the area.
Gary C

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will be at SITR also so hope to meet you. I haven't ridden up the OR coast yet, but plan too this summer. I may ride up to Eugene next week to check out Valley Powersports. I try to stay off Hwy 5 as much as I can :).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Southern Or. Riders

I will be at SITR also so hope to meet you. I haven't ridden up the OR coast yet, but plan too this summer. I may ride up to Eugene next week to check out Valley Powersports. I try to stay off Hwy 5 as much as I can :).
Valley Power sports has a large inventory of new Spyders, dangerous to visit. Dreaming of a new F3 after I see what 2015 shows for possible problems. The dealer is service oriented and helpful with information. We are north of Florence and will be at SITR on a yellow 2008 GS, look for the old kids with smiles. Look forward to meeting fellow Spyder riders.
Mike Myers
MercerLake

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Mike ... and others --

I see little action on this local site -- none since April -- but I'm pleased to announce that I just bought my first Spyder! It's a 2009 yellow GS SM5, with touring windshield and hard bags, and comfy Corbin seats! It had under 11k miles on it when I bought it a couple of weeks ago ... a bit over that now!

I hadn't owned a motorcycle for 25 years, and the only trike I've had (since I was about 7) is an electric-assist tadpole human-powered-vehicle. Even now, with so many years in between, I intuitively grab for that front brake lever that isn't there! And it's such a trip having reverse gear! I think I'm gonna love this ride!

-- Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Jim. I am in Grants Pass and have a white 2014 ST. I will keep an eye out for you. I think you will really enjoy the Spyder. It took me about 1000 miles (I am a slow learner) to get comfortable with riding on 3 wheels. I still grab for the "front brake" from time to time.

Gary C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts