Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I flew into Salt Lake City today and drove down to Moab to do some hiking in Canyonlands (any of you seen 127 days?) and Arches national parks. To my pleasant surprise as we drove through town there is a place that has three Rental Spyders. Not sure if we'll have time to rent one for an afternoon jaunt after hiking on this trip, but it was nice to know they are available for a future trip, as we'll for sure add a day to do some touring in addition to our hikes.

We really lucked out (OK I lucked out) as there is a huge car show here this weekend too! Saw some awesome hot rods, a Viper GTS, Dodge Little Red Express truck, a Ferrari, and numerous Mustangs, Cameros, Challengers and older classics. Everyone is cruising up and down the main drag right now.... tooooooo much fun :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
I was in Salt Lake for a week on business in January and spent an afternoon going through the Ferrari dealer. The only word for it was Awsome! In one roped off area they had a red Enzo, red F50, and a red F40 lined up side by side. Also got to get up close and personal with a brand new 458 Itala. Salt Lake is the nearest dealer to Boise.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a fun day of hiking.

Followed by some excellent car watching. Today was the main day of the car show so the cruising cars were pretty darn impressive, a little of pretty much everything. All three Generation Vipers were represented, saw a gorgeous '67 427 Vette Coupe, numerous vettes of all but the first gen, Mustangs from a '67 Shelby GT500 to a 2010 Shelby GT-500... a perfect '65 convertible, and a fantastic '65 Shelby GT-350 convertible clone. Chevy SSR's, Plymouth Prowlers, even a Porsche speedster.

But the best part of the day? While in Canyonlands, two of the three Spyder rentals I saw while rolling into town were having fun on the twisty roads in the park! I noticed they were gone as I passed through town this AM, so no renting for me this weekend. Maybe next time. The roads around here are perfect for sportscar and Spyder fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts