Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's spyder is dead in the garage. I don't know what happened it was running like a top six weeks ago now nothing. When I try to start it up the dash lights up like a Xmas tree the bike moans then nothing. It tells me to press the mode button before starting. Seems like it has plenty of juice, but the battery would be the first thing to check. Where is the battery on this bike? I'm guessing under the seat. How do you get at it to put a charger on it? I tied putting a charger on the post under the seat same results so I'm thinking I need to plug in direct. Please respond with any advise.

Pete

·
Registered
58 Posts
won't start

Sounds like you have a low battery, loose or corroded battery cables or any combination. The battery is on the left side rear under the seat under the body panel that has the left rear tail light. Check batt, Cable Connections, make sure they are clean and tight. I would reccomend a battery tender junior to keep the battery fully charged when not riding. Do not use a car charger, way to power full, spyder electronics are sensitive. Whatever motorcycle charger you get, attach the pigtail to the battery terminals, not the ones under the seat. Good luck with it

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have been using the terminals under the seat since the bike was new with no problems. Is there a reason you should not? Seems like that is why they put them there for ease of use.

·
Registered
58 Posts
terminals

The ones under the seat are for jump starting mainly. You shouldn't try to attach a permanent charger pigtail there. If you use a clamp on type, like a jumper cable end clamp that's OK too. You should never loosen the neg con. Under the seat, as it is EXTREMELY difficult to get the nut back on underneath. Just attach the permanent pigtail directly to the batt.terminals people have had issues with wires getting pinched and whatnot with them under the seat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts