Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that the lack of foglight adjustment cables in the RTS is discussed in the Spyder What's News Special Edition. However, I can't find any such publication online.

Anyone know if this is a dealer pub or something?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have foglight adjustment cables on their North American RTS? There is evidence all over the place that they should be there, but BRP tells me I am imagining things.

I've got a PDF file of the evidence I've gathered that the adjustment cables should be there, but am unsure how to post it here for review.

Oh yeah...and they tend to get upset if you email them at [email protected] and you aren't a dealer (laughs).

·
Registered
23 Posts
cable...

Apparently the only RT with the fog light cables is Lamont's... and his was a pre-production model. None of the production models seem to have the cables. However they can still be adjusted. With the service covers removed, and a flexible tool inserted from below, you are able to turn the hex/internal hex screw. It's a stinker until you get the feel for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I popped the cover on mine, but didn't see any adjustment cables; so I presume the don't exist for the common rider. ;)

as for the BRP distaine for non-dealer contact... perhaps BRP should provide a consumer point of contact. not ALL dealers are really interested in customer concerns. but... since I know that an avenue of covert contact exists. I'll use it

realistically... being able to contact the manufacturer is, a resonable expectation. at some point, some dealers are simply not able or willing to resolve customer concerns, without facotry intervention. its called a "good will" program. and it DOES exist. just don't be an ass, when you call. you'll get a lot better results...

·
Registered
23 Posts
adjustment cable...

The adjustment screws for the RT fog lights are not behind the bulb covers, they are alongside, towards the inside of the assembly. They are identified by the "perforated" boss around the screw. This boss is apparently where a cable could be attached. The area can be seen if the service covers are removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts