1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spyder Trailer Hitch and Mono-Shock cover

Found this Spyder Trailer Hitch on EBay:

and this Mono-Shock Cover too:

Both are made by a company called Mels Monster Garage.

MMG, LLC's EBay Store

I'll do some digging and add the product to the Marketplace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi we have 25 silver and 25 black rear mono shock socx. There were designed to keep dirt and debree out of your mono shock on the spyder. Looks great nylon material

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can-am spyder roadster trailer hitch

Hello All Fellow Can-am Sypder Roadster Owners. Mmg Llc. A.k.a. Mels Monster Garage Have Finally Finished North Americas First And Only Trailer Hitch For Your Can-am Spyder Roadster.

The Engineering Excellence Of The Sypder Hitch Starts With The 2mm Thick Sheet Metal Which Makes Up The Arms Of The Hitch. ( It Only Weights 14 Lbs Shipped).

The Quality Does Not Stop There, For Hitch Ball Strength We Use 1/4" Steel Plate And 2 Holes For Your Safety Chains. We Have Also Incorporated 2 Drain Holes On The Bottom Of The Hitch Arms To Reduc Moisture Build- Up In The Arms.

All Component Parts Are Stamped And Laser Cut For Accuracy Than Tig Welded On A Assembly Weld Jig.

When Installing Your Hitch You Will Notice The Wear Resistant Nylon Pads On The Inside Of Both Arms.this Is To Reduce The Wear Between The Hitch And The Bike.

Attaching The Hitch Is Made Easy By Using Our Own, Through Axle Connecting Rod Design. And Stainless Vibration Resistant Nuts. With Hairpin Clips For Added Safety.

Black Powder Coated Is Standard. This Is By Far The Best Trailer Hitch For The Money. Built To Higher Standards For Your Safety And Durability.

*************please Read Installation Instructions Carefully Before You Install Your Hitch ************

Never Overload Your Bike.

Never Put More Than 70 Lbs Tongue Weight ( Sticker Provided And Applied For You Safety ).

Never Remove The Safety Sticker.

Disclaimer Note: Mmg Llc And Anyone Associated With Said Product Is Not Held Responsible For Anything Relatied To Any Wrong Doing Associated With Product Or Attaching Parts Or Product.

Always Have As Much Fun As You Possibly Can And Enjoy Yoour Ride And Be Safe.

****************** Please Note: *****************

*********improper Installation Of Trailer Hitch May Cause Severe Bodily Damage Of Death*************

Included With The Hitch You Will Recieve:

1 1 7/8" X 3/4" Chrome Ball.

1 Through Shaft Connecting Rod.

2 1/2" - 13 Stainless Steel Vibration Resistant Locking Nuts, 1 Nut Is Staked ( Welded ) On For Safety And Easy Installation.

1 3/4" Wrench.

1 Larger Hairpin Clip ( To Replace The Stock Cotter Pin That Is Removed Before You Install The Trailer Hitch Then Reinstalled After You Remove The Hitch )

1 Smaller Hairpin Clip ( For The Hole In The End Of Through Shaft Connecting Rod ) For Added Safety.

Thank You For Taking Your Time To Read This.
John--mmg

We Have Our Trailer Hitch & Rear Mono Shock Protecter Called The
" Shock Socx " Listed On Ebay Just Search Can Am Spyder Trailer Hitch. Or You Can Visit Our Ebay Store " Mels Monster Garage ".

·
Registered
6 Posts
I sure would love to hear about some road testing of this product. We've been looking for a hitch for the Spyder since before we took delivery. We would LOVE take take her on a weekend trip out of town.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When we called Bushtec, they said not to use the axle for part of the hitch mount. My husband had designed one very similar to Mel's. I'll be anxious to see info from people who have tried this one or have a Bushtec version.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
I sure would love to hear about some road testing of this product. We've been looking for a hitch for the Spyder since before we took delivery. We would LOVE take take her on a weekend trip out of town.
Hey spyder owners, MMG has been blessed with some good weather. And I am very pleased with the performance with our design. It pulls like a dream. I am one of prototype design background for the last 16 years, and I'm very pleased with our design. Your finally not "tied down" to a trailer hitch. Our design with it cnc/cad design allows machine to meet creatitivity. Our hitch has strengh, durability and style it looks as if its part of the bike. We put it through its test and even at 85 mph theres no shake or shimmy whats so ever. You will not be dissapointed with the ride and handling and look like the factory thought of it themself.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Interesting thought

I pull a trailer 16' with my motor vehicle and I do not have the hitch attached to the axel nor to any part of the suspension.
It is totally frame supported.
In my mind, unless convinced otherwise, regardless of the speed of removing hitch, which using part of the suspension, such as the rear axel would bother me as to the effect of long tour pulling of trailer.

All those who have more knowledge than I, of which I am sure there are x to the nth, I would appreciate a factual comparison as to the pro's and con's of either, frame or axel hitches.

Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts