Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. Looking for the best ( most comfy ) seat replacement for my 2013 spyder rt se5. Any thoughts out there? I'm 70 so it needs to be REALLY comfy. Lol

·
Registered
2017 RTL
49 Posts
Check out Corbin,Altimate,Russell Day Long
also Mustang all these have after market seats for Spyder . You can also send your seat in to be customized to you specialty. .
BRP also makes a Comfort seat for Spyder

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out Corbin,Altimate,Russell Day Long
also Mustang all these have after market seats for Spyder . You can also send your seat in to be customized to you specialty. .
BRP also makes a Comfort seat for Spyder
Thanks. I know there are many manufacturers but I'm trying to find out the most comfortable for long rides. Whats your favorite

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been riding a Spyder RT for 7 1/2 years and the only after market seat I've never heard anyone complain about is Russell Day Long. If my backside were to rebel against my Comfort Seat, Russell is the only alternative I would consider. They're not cheap and you have to send them your seat pan and take some pictures of you and your pillion is you have one. Just follow their instructions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been riding a Spyder RT for 7 1/2 years and the only after market seat I've never heard anyone complain about is Russell Day Long. If my backside were to rebel against my Comfort Seat, Russell is the only alternative I would consider. They're not cheap and you have to send them your seat pan and take some pictures of you and your pillion is you have one. Just follow their instructions.
Thanks. I've really been leaning towards the comfort seat. How do you like yours for a six hour ride?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Comfort Seat is very comfortable for me. I routinely ride 450 mile days when touring and have no problem. You are not going to ride for six hours nonstop; the Spyder won't go that far even if you're riding like an old lady. The one thing I do when touring is wear undershorts that have no seam where the femur meets the hip socket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have day long saddles on my Honda VTX, it is like an easy chair. Best seat I've ever had. I don't have a spyder yet but not far from getting one and that will be my first mod, getting day long saddles to build me a new seat. They are not cheap but really comfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts