Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Spyder RT Limited SE 6 Silver matte 2012 Spyder RT Limited SE5 Bronze Lava Metallic.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who makes custom wheels for Spyders? I am looking for a custom black three spoke wheel for my 2014 RT. I have seen some 5 spoke wheels but they are a 5 bolt with an adapter that makes the tire stick out past the fender. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,665 Posts
I personally think that money spent on "bling" is mostly just money wasted.
Nobody really cares but you. And you can't see your wheels while riding down the road.

BUT.....I don't think I would put a 3 spoke wheel on ANYTHING for safety reasons.
Those "adapters" that set the wheels farther out likely will have an adverse effect on handling, alignment and tire wear.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The closest thing to three spoke front wheels that I have seen are the ones off the older spyders. I think they are 14”. Don’t know if they fit the later RT. Would have to make them black.

Can Am Spyder Gs Rs 990 2010 Front Wheel Rim (b)

·
Registered
2014 Spyder RT Limited SE 6 Silver matte 2012 Spyder RT Limited SE5 Bronze Lava Metallic.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I personally think that money spent on "bling" is mostly just money wasted.
Nobody really cares but you. And you can't see your wheels while riding down the road.

BUT.....I don't think I would put a 3 spoke wheel on ANYTHING for safety reasons.
Those "adapters" that set the wheels farther out likely will have an adverse effect on handling, alignment and tire wear.

Good luck with your search.
Thanks for the reply. Well, bling is bling. I am looking for wheels that are “less busy” than the stock and black instead of chrome. The safety aspect is a good thought. Especially since the reason for new wheels is that I hit a pothole doing about 50 mph and have a slight bend in one of my wheel beads. Group ride and the rider in front of me failed to point to the pothole. I don’t ride with this group any more. Not enough to lose air or affect the handling and no cracks. But I feel the need to replace them as we never know what may happen in the future.
and a major shout out to three wheels! Saved me from hitting the ditch! Hit so hard that both mirrors flew off (magic mirror magnetic mounts, 😖) and one exploded on the highway. luckily one held on with the wiring. Also broke the windshield control arm. Thanks to Pierre at spyderaccessorie.com for manufacturing a replacement for this. (BRP will only sell you the entire windshield control assembly $$$$$$!) I have since installed braided wire tethers to the mirrors so this doesn’t happen again. (Some rough roads in my country).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The closest thing to three spoke front wheels that I have seen are the ones off the older spyders. I think they are 14”. Don’t know if they fit the later RT. Would have to make them black.

Can Am Spyder Gs Rs 990 2010 Front Wheel Rim (b)
Thanks for the reply. Mine are 15 so can’t go back. Aftermarket for Spyder wheels is a little scant.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out PPAwheels.com they make aftermarket wheels for Spyders
Thanks for the reply. I checked them out and may buy a set from them. Pretty good price also. no three spoke but 5 will do. Much less “busy” than the stock and easier to keep clean. Check out my other replies for more info on why I am changing my wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts