Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Spyder Rally

10K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Jeff Woodard 
#1 ·
I heard there is Spyder Rally coming up in Gatlinburg, TN. Can anyone give me more details? :)

#6 ·
The 2011 owners event is in Maggie Valley, NC June 16, 17, & 18.

There is also a bigger event at the Cowtown dealership in Cuba, MO April 27th to May 1st. Right now they have 223 people signed up which is about what the Chicago event had.

Welcomes you to SpyderFest 2011

I will be going to Cuba. All spyder and two wheel owners are welcome. :D

#11 ·
Is preregistration required for the Spyder rally in Maggie Valley, NC dated June 16-18? Does anyone have a point of contact for the rally? I will be attending. I am new to this group and this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2009 Spyder RS (red) and am having lots of fun with it. I live only 30 minutes from the Dragon and have already ridden it. On the Dragon the Spyder is WORK! I was sweating upon completion and it was 45 degrees that day. Looking forward to your replies.

#7 ·
Maggie Valley is right down the road from us, and we WILL be atending that one. and for those of you that are interested in Slaying The Dragon...; I know that'll be an option.

but you guys enjoy Cuba. maybe we will be able to plan that one for one of next year's major road trips.

#8 ·
SpyderRider2010 did you make it to the SITS event in Gatlinburg?

I went to the 2010 owners event in Chicago for one day and had a great time!:D The Cuba event is longer and really well setup. I wish I could make it to Maggie Valley but going to Alaska for my 30th anniversary.

I posted about last years owners event and didn't get much of a response.

#10 ·
We'er looking to go in late June. Cruise up inner passage, bus, trains, and boats for 14 days. I don't have the details, my wife is taking care of that. It looks like we will get to see a lot. The tour is with Country Tours which we have used before. They pack a lot in each day.

#13 ·
Thanks so much for the info. I did buy mine used and was told that a steering recall had been completed. However at the time I did not know that there had been two steering recalls, the latter being the big one. I do not know if mine has had the last DPS recall or not. I am going to call the local dealer today and see if they can make that determination.

#14 ·
The dealer should be able to look up if the DPS was replaced using your VIN number. The new DPS makes a big difference in IMHO. Before the change I was having trouble understeering due to the pressure needed to turn. Now it feels effortlessly. When sitting still the hands can be turned stop-to-stop with one hand.

If the DPS has not been changed, good luck getting a new one. I would not be worried about riding until it gets replaced. You may not want to take it to the dealer for service if it has not untill they get one in. I have heard of dealers not releasing the Spyder once they have it due to liability issues. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.