Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the following from Spyderpops?

"Missing Air Dam" for the RS?

"Missing Heat Shield" for the RS?

"The Air Management System" for the RS?

·
Registered
306 Posts

Added the missing air dam at Spyderfest - Does seem to keep the heat down whle moving.

Added the heat shield last month - One of the best mods I've done! This mod reduced the heat on my right foot to almost 0. Before my foot would get hot through my cowboy boots and thermal socks. Now I can ride with tennis shoes and not get hot at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Added the "missing air dam". Did not see any difference at all on the temp. gauge. It was money wasted, but at least it's not a lot of money.

The heat shield did make a noticeable decrease in the heat that reaches the right foot/ankle area. That was money well spent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the Air Mangement System and it worked as promised. Money well spent. My right leg and foot are thanking me for the purchase...:) Easy install. I did the first one in an hour, then when my wife decided she wanted it on her RS also, her install was less than 30 minutes...;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have add the Missing Air Dam, Missing Belt Guard, Missing Heat Shield, and Air Management System from Spyderpop. Before the mods, I was running 5, 6,or 7 bars in the Texas heat. Now as long as I am moving I am at 3,4, or 5 bars. No heat to my right foot. I think their products are great the only time I have gone to HI-TEMP mode was during a traffic jam and the outside temp was 104'. Alan

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I use the heat shield that Inspectore Gadget has

cost me $10.00 and about 20 min of cutting and painting.. works just fine

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I use the heat shield that Inspectore Gadget has

cost me $10.00 and about 20 min of cutting and painting.. works just fine
Can we get a picture of your mod? I'm a visual person. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts

It looks like you have the wind deflectors on your RS. Have you tried riding without them? I hated mine from the moment I installed them. I got some exhaust smell within a few seconds of riding and took them off. I tried them again last week in the heat and boy did they make it hot on the legs. Took them back off and my legs and foot was cool again. I would suggest taking the deflectors off for the summer and see if that helps you like it did me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts