Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spyder Ryders Unite! According to this article, the Spyder is "designed to open up the motorcycling experience to people without the skill, determination, and daring it takes to ride a conventional motorcycle." So then--all of us Spyder owners don't have skill, determination, or daring? The article is found here: R&S Powersport News - Spring 2011. I would encourage you to email the GM at [email protected] and voice your opinon on how much you lack in skill and daring. This is unacceptable. Spyder Ryders are not 2nd-class citizens on the road. Nor are we weak and feeble, as we're made out to be in this article. I served 11 years in the Army. I was on tanks, and believe me--daring is part of the job description.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I want to agree with Bob however the article sure could have been worded better and I can see how one might take offence.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think one thing that was missed in the article is that there is in my opinion a somewhat different skill set needed for the Spyder vs motorcycle handling. That is not to say that one is less than the other. It is true that the Spyder is more stable than a bike and you don't have to hold it up at a stop but you do have to be more aware of space around you and the basic dynamics are different. The Spyder does open up opportunities for those of us who are not able or do not want to hold up a cycle to the cycling experience. They could have done a better job on the article for sure.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
From the comments, I presume it was written by someone who either has not ridden a Spyder or one who does not care for the experience? Riding a Spyder is rather like Opera, in that you either love it or you'll never like it at all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts