Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are taking the plunge and buying a new Spyder and am bringing it back to Alabama from Dallas, Texas so I'm leaning on bringing it back on the trailer instead of riding it. Would like to get to know it a little before taking on a trip that long. What i was wondering, my trailer is exactly 60" wide and the Can Am site list the width at 59.3". Is it going to be so close I can't get it on the trailer and haul it safely or will it fit OK? Thanks for any info,

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm no expert, but that sounds like plenty of room on either side to me. Be sure to read how to tow a Spyder. I know there's a section on that in the manual.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If your trailer has raised sides, that will be a very tight fit. I personally would not try it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since we ended up having to use the trailer because of weather and other factors, I thought I would post up the end result and it's not good. The trailer is exactly 60" with raised rails and yes, the Spyder will fit but it is so close the wheels will scuff on the sides. So if you do have to trailer your Spyder for any reason, try real hard to use a trailer wider than 60".

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sorry it wasn't enough room. Sounded like it would be to me. Were you able to unscuff the tires?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
One suggestion on loading is not to forget about the front end of the spyder hitting the ramp of the trailer. My main concern was bottoming out the middle of the bike and didn't realize how far the nose stuck out. Thankfully I didn't do any damage.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
No, the bad part is it was the powder coat on the wheels we scuffed. Tires are OK.
Glad the tires were ok. Guess the answer is we need at least a 6' wide trailer if we're going to load up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts