Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 08 gs sm5 i bought 5 months ago 9000 miles.it already had a micron exhaust when i got it. it would spit and sputter most of the when riding under 4500 rpms. after reading online i decided that a evo o2 eliminator might help. no luck. now i have 10500 miles and it still runs like shit under 4500 most of the time. i also get check engine lights at times. the neutral n light flicks in first and second gear sometimes, and sometimes the n and r reverse lights both flicker in first and second. i have also been getting brake failure messaage lately. the pads are still good and the res. is full. the steering recall was done in feb. 2011. i dont ride any further than to work and back , 24miles round trip, because i dont trust this basket case. any and all help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The flickering lights sound like a loose connection or maybe a short. The sputtering could be caused by a lot of things either electronic or mechinical. Is there a dealer near you. Sounds like you need to get it hooked up to a diagonistic computer to see what is going on.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Absolutely take it to the dealership if you can, sounds like it needs some serious help.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts