Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for new insurance my progressive just went up $29.00 1 year its now $424.00 ive never filed a clame, HELP jgride

·
Registered
570 Posts
As the insurance industry gathers more information on Spyders, I would expect to see changes in price. Spyders have been on the road long enough that they should be able to compile statistics now.

My experience with insurance for my Spyder is that State Farm had no problem quoting a policy, but getting the policy underwritten was much different. I was told that State Farm does not insure trikes at all. My Agent was able to get it approved finally based on the number of policies and my time with State Farm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
just got quote state farm $522.00 geico comming up best at $283.00 per year and that includes my honda atv things looking up

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am an agent with State Farm...no problem insurance it as a m/cycle..however, we do not offer towing/roadside assistance on our cycle policies....any ideas/thoughts on obtaining towing coverage in case i break down, have a flat tire, etc 50 miles away from home?...Is they a seperate coverage (AAA) ? or has anyone found such coverage?... new RT owner in Az (gods country !) ..love it!! Randy

·
Registered
570 Posts
I ended up learning that towing was not covered the hard way. I upgrade my AAA to RV Plus to include my RV and Sypder with extended towing range.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
insurance

Geico still coming out on top but have too more quotes; geico dos have towing, not sure if its extra will check it out thanks for the tip and come back

·
Registered
24 Posts
Annual INsurance

HI

just got bill from Progressive on my new 11 Rt-s $783.00 per year.. My carrier for all other coverage is ALlstate they were higher.
500 deductible comp and coll. $1M liability.

·
Registered
1 Posts
inexpensive insurance

We bought a new spyder last fall. After shopping around, Riders Insurance was by far the best deal. They have a great reputation too. Drawback: they only insure riders that reside in DE, IN, Ml, OH, NJ, PA, & WV. Diehl Insurance in Dennison, Oh. specializes in just motorcycle insurance and they represent Riders too. Phone# -513-965-0003. hope they can help you. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Geico

In my area Geico is cheapest, even though all my other policies are through Allstate. Was true for my other motorcycles as well as the Spyder.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was told by a buddy of mine that smaller/newer insurance companies are better to go with if you want cheaper rates but don't care for "5 star" insurance coverage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm a brand new Spyder owner, no license or learner's yet and Rider Insurance (which is also available in MD) quotes me $550. My Allstate agent quoted me $602 and I was going to go with them just because I know my agent and have three other policies with them.

10 minutes later I got a call and she was able to lower it by 25%, then, lowered the deducibles to $100 and raised all of the coverages and I'm now paying $480 for 12 months. (With safe rider discounts that means my deductible is currently $0) LOVE my agent!

If you're in the Maryland area and what the agent info just let me know. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow. I must be doing something wrong. Lowest I can get my state farm agent down to was 64 monthly! That's 1000 deductible and 25/50 comp and coll. think it's time to shop around.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Does anyone have a quote from Progressive? They seem extremely high for. Me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Florida Insurance

I'm a new Spyder owner and just got my endorsement. I'm paying approximately $600 for 6 month with Progressive. Anyone in Florida can suggest a different, reliable, and less expensive carrier?
Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Farm Bureau here in Iowa: Just $200 and some change. $500 deductible. Full coverage. I bought the extended warranty with my dealer so we're covered for 5 years on towing.

I will never....NEVER get Progressive. I don't care if they charged me $50/year.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm a new Spyder owner and just got my endorsement. I'm paying approximately $600 for 6 month with Progressive. Anyone in Florida can suggest a different, reliable, and less expensive carrier?
Thanks.
Did you take a MSF course? That will really help lower your rate. As I mentioned before I have Allstate. I'm paying $44 a month though I could save a bit if I paid in six month chunks.

I have full coverage. $100 deductible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts