Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may look like a snowmobile, but a snow machine it ain't. We had a rare 6 inch snowfall here in SC, so thought I'd try my Spyder in the snow-------------big mistake. My drive way is slanted up slightly and couldn't get out onto the road-----thankfully. I barely got back into the garage! And forget trying to back-up, no can do. I thought I was gonna have to get the John Deere mower out to tow it into the garage, but finally made it. There went my vision of running around the local roads like my neighbors on their ATVs. Oh well, it's all supposed to melt by Wed.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It may look like a snowmobile, but a snow machine it ain't. We had a rare 6 inch snowfall here in SC, so thought I'd try my Spyder in the snow-------------big mistake. My drive way is slanted up slightly and couldn't get out onto the road-----thankfully. I barely got back into the garage! And forget trying to back-up, no can do. I thought I was gonna have to get the John Deere mower out to tow it into the garage, but finally made it. There went my vision of running around the local roads like my neighbors on their ATVs. Oh well, it's all supposed to melt by Wed.
I hear you! I went for a ride and came across a 1/4 - 1/2 mile of snow drift :eek: about 7 miles from the last good road. I had to keep going and slowed down to 30 mph. I was wishing I had a Skidoo or Can-Am ATV but was able to make it across. The back wheel pulled to the right a dozen times and I think I scared the heck out of the cars coming towards me. I went another way back home to miss it but was temped to give it another try. It's not often that you get to fish tail the Spyder.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can atest to an RT not being a snowmobile.

it was fun fishtailing it in the driveway. until,
I had to dig it out. which was actually, pretty
easy.

but this bike needs to stay on pavement... ;)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts