Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I am moving to Central America and would like to take a Spyder with me. It will not be my only source of transportation, but i would hope to be able to use it most days. What can you tell me about the Spyder's real world reliability. I will likely run into some hard packed dirt roads from time to time.

·
Registered
504 Posts
There have been some bugs that are being worked out however my spyder seems pretty good so far. Mine was recalled because of the Dynamic Power Steering and then needed the computer recalabrated. The computer issue was a dealer issue not the spyders fault. The dealer did not have the correct software update when they changed out the DPS. There have been folks on the forums with many thousands of miles with no real issues. if I were moving somewhere I think I would be looking to see if there were any dealers that could provide service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You mention about getting into some dirt roads; Spyders are not meant for that. Dirt gets in the brakes and make them real squeaky, besides clogging your radiator panel. I live in Mexico and, traveling between certain towns, I was sometimes forced into some unpaved roads... and I suffered the consecuences. Also be careful with bumps and holes, spyders are particularly low. My advice is to stay on main streets and highways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is exactly why I have not bought one. I visit here every so often just in case someone has the fix to make these real world, third world ridable, I will come back and visit in a bit. Who knows maybe some day a GS type version will be made.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
There have been some bugs that are being worked out however my spyder seems pretty good so far. Mine was recalled because of the Dynamic Power Steering and then needed the computer recalabrated. The computer issue was a dealer issue not the spyders fault. The dealer did not have the correct software update when they changed out the DPS. There have been folks on the forums with many thousands of miles with no real issues. if I were moving somewhere I think I would be looking to see if there were any dealers that could provide service.
Hi Corybud...I belive I have a major steering issue with my new 2011 RTS. When I reach 60 to 70 MPH the bike tends to dart left and right with any type of bump or wind change. Did your bike have the same issues?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts