Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I messed around with changing my end caps on my handlebars. Used the right cap in the right handle. I noticed later that my throttle handle was not retuning to idle when I would let go of the grip. I took off the end caps and replaced them with the original. Still had the same problem. I took the caps off again and this time the spring came out after I took the cap off. I cannot for the life of me figure out what this part is called. Tried searching under throttle spring, but no luck.

I have a 2013 RT-Limited.

Two questions, 1: What is this part called? 2: What may have caused this?

Thank you,
Roger

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I messed around with changing my end caps on my handlebars. Used the right cap in the right handle. I noticed later that my throttle handle was not retuning to idle when I would let go of the grip. I took off the end caps and replaced them with the original. Still had the same problem. I took the caps off again and this time the spring came out after I took the cap off. I cannot for the life of me figure out what this part is called. Tried searching under throttle spring, but no luck.

I have a 2013 RT-Limited.

Two questions, 1: What is this part called? 2: What may have caused this?

Thank you,
Roger
I struggled through this the last hour. Just remove the screws holding everything to the right bar end, slide the grip out about an inch, insert the inner spring tang in the hole that rotates with the grip then using needlenose pliers, rotate the outer tang roughly 1/4 turn and push it into the slot, don't forget the bushing. I have the factory manual, but I could find nothing on this. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts