2,781 Posts
same here all 2012's have them in

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a 2010, so the Iridium plugs were an upgrade... The guy that I gto them from gave about a three minute discuaaion as to why they were better, but since BRP started putting them in anyway, that's why I popped for them.
Thanks didn't know BRP was using them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Was wondering why? Do they run hotter or what? Tried them in the Valk and could not decern any differance except for the price. Course Valks aren't EFI is that the difference?
I got my Iridium plugs from Bajaron. Ron said you may not notice a difference at first but over the life of the plug it will not start to decrease in performance like an OEM plug as it gets older.

Jeff

·
Registered
97 Posts
Was wondering why? Do they run hotter or what? Tried them in the Valk and could not decern any differance except for the price. Course Valks aren't EFI is that the difference?
My understanding is the real advantage to them is the "Life Cycle" is significantly longer than most plugs? If you have a vehicle that is difficult and time consuming to change the plugs (therfore costly) this is why you would install them, to save money. Less frequent changes means less money.

From what I have heard the Spyder for sure falls into this category?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts