Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I will hopefully pickup my Spyder Friday or Sat. My local dealer sold one out from under me a couple of weeks ago so I ended up going 60 miles east to get one at J & J Sales in Huron, OH. My wife & I have toured on Gold Wings since 1993 but the last 2 yrs I haven't felt comfortable riding 2-up. I'm counting on the Spyder to get us back in the wind together.:)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings! Contgratulations on your Spyder. Just yesterday I drove home my new black RT-S SE5. Still in culture shock. :eek: Like you, I've been touring on Wings and Ultra Classics since the mid 90's. Love the ride, feel, technology of the Spyder RT-S. Can't wait to put some miles on her. Take care - hope to see you down the road!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome!
I too came from two wheels. I've had a Spyder GS for 2 years and am picking up an RT tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how it differs, but am keen to find out!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Rod,
So how long did it take for you to get a feel for the babies on the RS? I'd be guessing, but you might just notice that the RT powerband is about 1000 rpm lower down in the rev range. Please let me know if that turns out to be true.
Picked up the RT yesterday :) Got over 400 km (250 mi) in and am very pleased with the ryde! Haven't explored the entire power band yet or any open end starts but, so far, I've no issues.

Handling is great and may be easier than the GS in terms of steering input. The upright position is so much better, with no numbness in hands which is the case with my GS (only have a 1" riser).

And, most important, my wife is a much happier rider on the RT!!

Rod.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts