Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

Not quite a new owner yet, but have done extensive research the last 3+ years when these awesome machines hit the street. I've decided to purchase one and have chosen the Black and Gold RS-S. Ride-Now had me sold as I took it and the regular RS out for test rides in Feb. She will be in my driveway Jun 15 upon returing from California. I'm really excited to meet both RT and RS owners in the area. I'll take it overseas for a tour to Portugal where I'm sure to meet other riders. Basically I'm a new "motorcycle" rider. This is my 2 or 3 wheeled machine. So the usual way of riding most motorcycle riders are used to, I won't have to compare to as a learning curve. With that said, what advice do you have for getting used to the machine and any helpful links for accessories I'd greatly appreciate. I'm really looking forward to owning this machine and the countdown has already begun!!! Thanks and I look forward to a fantastic forum...

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!!

If you haven't taken a riders course, you may want to do that to help familiarize yourself with the do's and don'ts. Though the Spyder is easier to ride than a motorcycle in that you don't have to worry about balance, you'll still find it will take a bit of time to get used to since you've not ridden either one before.

Pay attention to the gas gauge - that's my advice!! Your "uh oh" light will come on when the gauge reaches the last bar, and I'm not sure how far you can go after the last bar disappears, but I know there are a few miles there - though I wouldn't test that theory on purpose!! :D

Post pics when you get it home - looking forward to seeing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts