Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reasons for selling the Spyder !!!
1- TOO many problems that the dealers can"t seem to fix.
2- Required maintenance TOO costly, 600 Mi maintenance $310.00,
6000 Mi maintenance $450.00, 12000 Mi maintenance $1650.00
3- Closest dealer is 125 mi away
4- Dealers do not seem to know much about Spyders.
5- Oil leaks, coolant leaks, backfires, Squeeling brakes
6- Poor fuel mileage
7- Sometimes it runs great, sometimes it runs like crap.
8- Three times it went into limp home mode.

I just did not trust it anymore. Hope the rest of you guys have better luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
sorry to see ya go... seems like you got a bad dealer there.. 2010 rt with almost 0 issues.. It is a blast. I got the maintenance agreement on mine for 5 years 1500 bucks but covers all issues. wish ya had a better exlperience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sorry to see ya go... seems like you got a bad dealer there.. 2010 rt with almost 0 issues.. It is a blast. I got the maintenance agreement on mine for 5 years 1500 bucks but covers all issues. wish ya had a better exlperience.
Ditto. We've enjoyed our 2010 RT-SE5 so much that we decided to get a 2010 RS-SE5, and bought BEST for both just in case. And we certainly understand, the right dealer makes all the difference. We are SOOOO thankful to have a great dealer here in Southern Oregon. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
There really is a love or hate thing with the bikes as best I can tell. We are really interested in getting one for my wife. I'm glad it would be until the end of the year or into next year. Seems like BRP is working out some bugs still.

I sure love the forum here so I can learn more before we buy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
service

I bought my 2009 SE5 in Hattiesburg, MS. You better buy the maintenance agreement, otherwise the Dealer will treat you like crap. They have good mechanics, just poor customer service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts