CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 F3. One of the side case latches is very difficult to close. The little plastic latch pin seems to be getting a notch in it. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's been a while, but; took the bike in for service while under warranty. they said the bracket was bent. never banged to case, no wreck and obviously never dropped! they fixed the bracket and said that was NOT covered under warranty. cost about $100!
works, but told me something about BRP and Can-Am.

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
Sorry about that.
But that is a good example of why you should get warranty service IMMEDIATELY upon noticing a problem.
If it had been that way since the machine was new, I'm not sure I would have taken that sitting down.
Are you looking for a different dealer ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had repeated side case lock problems on my 2019 F3L. Based upon my experience with dealer concerning a trunk which would not lock, I decided to try to fix problem myself. Note: Trunk key would not turn to lock. Dealer kept bike for 3 weeks and finally replaced lock. Problem not resolved. It was only when I was installing some auxiliary lights which required me to remove the trunk's center brake light cover that I discovered that a simple adjustment to the locking pins solved the problem. Obviously the mechanics are not knowledgeable or were too busy to adjust.

My side cases were popping open when riding, even when locked. I first noticed the locking pins on the lids tended to slide in the plastic sleeve. When I centered them with a needle nose plier, I was able to latch side case lid. However, lids popping open was frequent. I discovered, in addition to pins sliding, on one side case the pins were not engaging latching mechanism smoothly or consistently. I removed side case and disassembled locking mechanism on top of case. ( It is not hard to do, just go slow). I had to bend the mechanism so it was positioned to allow pins to engage. I then repositioned pins on lid and applied super glue to each end, so they do not slide in plastic holder. So far lids have not popped open, but there is a definite design deficiency here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts