Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding for 40 years, currently have a Victory Vision (Bagger) and a Victory Jackpot. Have the hots for something new and different and after looking at HD, BMW, Honda, etc. found the Can Am RT-S with the semi automatic was as different as you can get. It would be different with no kickstand, no shifting, and no balancing at stops. I took a test ride this weekend and thought the ride was very good. Within 5 minutes I was very comfortable with the ride, the shifting, braking etc. I have read every post here going back several years, and notice quite a few problems and complaints. I know these a pretty typical of most new vehicles, so kind of not paying much attention to them. I found a dealer offering a new 2011 RT-S with Semi Automatic for $22,000. This seems like a great price, just trying to get some opinions on the move from my Jackpot, the price and also whether to consider the additional warranty and the prepaid service contract. Also, is the original warranty one or two years?

Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have been riding for 40 years, currently have a Victory Vision (Bagger) and a Victory Jackpot. Have the hots for something new and different and after looking at HD, BMW, Honda, etc. found the Can Am RT-S with the semi automatic was as different as you can get. It would be different with no kickstand, no shifting, and no balancing at stops. I took a test ride this weekend and thought the ride was very good. Within 5 minutes I was very comfortable with the ride, the shifting, braking etc. I have read every post here going back several years, and notice quite a few problems and complaints. I know these a pretty typical of most new vehicles, so kind of not paying much attention to them. I found a dealer offering a new 2011 RT-S with Semi Automatic for $22,000. This seems like a great price, just trying to get some opinions on the move from my Jackpot, the price and also whether to consider the additional warranty and the prepaid service contract. Also, is the original warranty one or two years?

Thanks.
While at a dealer this weekend they had a 2011 RT-A&C Manual that was $23,000. $22K for an RT-S SE5 looks good. I wish I could find something around this price when the wife is willing to let loose of the money. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Concur. Great price. Paid more for my 2010 RTS. If the sticker is $22,000, offer $19,000 and see how much he has to move downward. Good luck. I'm jealous of the deal ya found. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I agree with mishapman, make the dealer work for their money. I make it a rule to always leave the dealer once during the sales experience. That usually gives the dealer the incentive to work the price a little more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts