CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone: I am seriously considering buying a spyder. I have been riding motorcycles for about 40 years, I am 62 years old and my wife is starting to give me a hard time about riding since I have heart problems. I really enjoy riding and in the summer ride my Dyna pretty much everyday. So my questions are. Is it easy to adapt to this machine after so long on a mc? Also is it a good choice for a rider in my position. Are there any problems with them? I see so many used with little miles on them, why? I read from some that it is hard to steer is this so? I have a line on a 2009 right now with 500 miles for $12,900.00. I know eventually that I will not be able to ride the Harley but I didn't plan on it so soon. Most of the guys I ride with think it is a stupid idea and that they are not an mc. I used to ride and race snowmobiles many years ago so to me it looks like one on the road. I have never tried one yet but want to. So any help and comments would be much appreciated. Wayne:confused::confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone: I am seriously considering buying a spyder. I have been riding motorcycles for about 40 years, I am 62 years old and my wife is starting to give me a hard time about riding since I have heart problems. I really enjoy riding and in the summer ride my Dyna pretty much everyday. So my questions are. Is it easy to adapt to this machine after so long on a mc? Also is it a good choice for a rider in my position. Are there any problems with them? I see so many used with little miles on them, why? I read from some that it is hard to steer is this so? I have a line on a 2009 right now with 500 miles for $12,900.00. I know eventually that I will not be able to ride the Harley but I didn't plan on it so soon. Most of the guys I ride with think it is a stupid idea and that they are not an mc. I used to ride and race snowmobiles many years ago so to me it looks like one on the road. I have never tried one yet but want to. So any help and comments would be much appreciated. Wayne:confused::confused:
I rode an Electra Glide for 5 years. It was my first bike at an older age to boot. Sold it almost 2 years ago. Watching tv one night and along came a Spyder ad and I just had to look at it close up. Wound up buying and it has been a blast. I'm 66 have had it about 2 months and have 1400 miles so far. Wife loves riding on it too! The stability is great. Fast as you want it to be and steering is never a problem. Don't hold on to the bars too tight let the Spyder do it's thing. You seem to have a handle on a great buy...I would not let it pass. As far as the buddies on the HD's who really cares what they think? You ride for yourself. I have HD and other riders wave on the road we are all riders. Not really a mc? Ha! Be prepared to be a rock star when you stop for gas or park at a store or restaurant. I have not had one single negative remark, most of the comments are nice bike, wow, that's different, how do you like it, I bet that's more stable than 2 wheels, I could go on and on but you get the picture. I have no regrets buying my Spyder and it puts a smile on my face every time I saddle up. If your wife will feel better about you not being on 2 wheels what better reason is there? In the long run YOU will feel better about it too! There will be a transition period because there is no lean but hell you'll be cornering like a cat in no time. I vote for buy it before it's gone!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I rode an Electra Glide for 5 years. It was my first bike at an older age to boot. Sold it almost 2 years ago. Watching tv one night and along came a Spyder ad and I just had to look at it close up. Wound up buying and it has been a blast. I'm 66 have had it about 2 months and have 1400 miles so far. Wife loves riding on it too! The stability is great. Fast as you want it to be and steering is never a problem. Don't hold on to the bars too tight let the Spyder do it's thing. You seem to have a handle on a great buy...I would not let it pass. As far as the buddies on the HD's who really cares what they think? You ride for yourself. I have HD and other riders wave on the road we are all riders. Not really a mc? Ha! Be prepared to be a rock star when you stop for gas or park at a store or restaurant. I have not had one single negative remark, most of the comments are nice bike, wow, that's different, how do you like it, I bet that's more stable than 2 wheels, I could go on and on but you get the picture. I have no regrets buying my Spyder and it puts a smile on my face every time I saddle up. If your wife will feel better about you not being on 2 wheels what better reason is there? In the long run YOU will feel better about it too! There will be a transition period because there is no lean but hell you'll be cornering like a cat in no time. I vote for buy it before it's gone!
I'm 78, have 7100 + miles on my RT and agree with this youg'n!!!:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the replys. I think that its the way to go for me. I went to look at the one I mentioned and it was sold. But that dosent sway me. I will buy new if necessary. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Good luck on finding the one that's got your name on it! I too had many years (over 30) of riding without training wheels and was concerned about the transition... It's actually not nearly as much of a big deal as I thought it would be. My RT is stable and forgiving in the twisties and also tracks straight and true when the road gets boring.
By the way... I also switched over to "tricycles' because of age and health issues and don't regret a moment of it! I just tell folks that my Missus and I couldn't decide: New motorcycle or sports car... so we compromised! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts