Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am looking to get a new seat. comfort is the first thing in mind. i feel the stock one is not that great and also on hot and humid days it really sucks and get the monkey butt feeling all the time lol

is the Corbin one ok?? anyone with it do you guys like it over the stock one or is it just for looks??

also any other suggestions of one to get?? i heard the covers don't do much and are mainly for looks so i am looking for something more comfortable and better comfort on hot days

thanks in advance

MJK

·
Registered
22 Posts
We bought a Corbin seat, first for the RT, then for the RS.
Not only are they good lookin' (plus the RT seat provides a fuel panel so ya don't have to flip up the seat to fuel) but the best part is it is sooooo comfortable.

On Memorial Day we took our annual 250+ mile ryde along the Klamath River. Last year we were 2 up on the Suzuki and had to stop often just to stretch. We were waddling by the time we got home! This year we were 2 up on the RT . . . no TB whatsoever (tired butt) . . . . never a moment of discomfort for either of us.

Our usual weekend ryde to the coast through the Smith River Canyon is about 150 miles round trip, and we usually swap off between the RT and the RS. Before we had the Corbin on the RS, I preferred the RT; but since we installed the Corbin on the RS, he has to trick me into swapping. :D

It's all good!!!!

Cat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah man sold!! thank you so much for the info

ours is the 08 GS, got it when it first came out, i think we had the first one in east coast or something like that bc it is one of the numbered ones. i hope it fits ours bc it is an 08 and they only list 09-10

what do you think of that smuggler trunk?? looks pretty cool have you seen one in person or seen the fitment etc??

trying to decide what to get for a rear seat now. def gonna get the corbin front in heated just not sure to get the smuggler for the rear or a rear seat with a back rest. no passengers ever on this one so that is not a concern

thanks alot for the feedback

MJK

·
Registered
22 Posts
ah man sold!! thank you so much for the info

ours is the 08 GS, got it when it first came out, i think we had the first one in east coast or something like that bc it is one of the numbered ones. i hope it fits ours bc it is an 08 and they only list 09-10

what do you think of that smuggler trunk?? looks pretty cool have you seen one in person or seen the fitment etc??

trying to decide what to get for a rear seat now. def gonna get the corbin front in heated just not sure to get the smuggler for the rear or a rear seat with a back rest. no passengers ever on this one so that is not a concern

thanks alot for the feedback

MJK
Haven't seen the smuggler trunk in person; but a friend of ours has the heated on his RT and it's really a drain on the battery if he runs too many other 'features' like hand grips.... but the GS/RS doesn't have as many bells & whistles as the RT, so it should be fine.

We've never ridden 2 up on the RS. . . . and I don't think I would without a backrest :eek: I'd probably go with some sort of storage, rather than having to use a tank bag.

Also, you'll have lots of options when you order your Corbin seat; we went with their regular leather (more rugged) and there's been a couple of times when we chuckled about getting some 'tackybutt' to give us a bit of traction..... but we can't say enough good about the Corbin seats. :D

Keep us posted!
Cat & Vaughn

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was going to buy the Corbin, but I decided to go with the BRP comfort seat, glad I did, my wife loves it and much better over the stock seat and the cost was better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot for the info apprec it

so far it is looking like the reg leather over that snake one and in grey trim. heated front with a backrest, since it can be taken on and off figured it might come in handy for longer trips. haven't decided on the reg one or that more contured backrest for a bigger area. just deciding now on the rear. either will be the smuggler trunk or a reg rear seat non heated in the matching trim.

thanks again for the feedback and review

Haven't seen the smuggler trunk in person; but a friend of ours has the heated on his RT and it's really a drain on the battery if he runs too many other 'features' like hand grips.... but the GS/RS doesn't have as many bells & whistles as the RT, so it should be fine.

We've never ridden 2 up on the RS. . . . and I don't think I would without a backrest :eek: I'd probably go with some sort of storage, rather than having to use a tank bag.

Also, you'll have lots of options when you order your Corbin seat; we went with their regular leather (more rugged) and there's been a couple of times when we chuckled about getting some 'tackybutt' to give us a bit of traction..... but we can't say enough good about the Corbin seats. :D

Keep us posted!
Cat & Vaughn

·
Registered
40 Posts
is this an actual seat or a cover?? do you have any pics?

thanks
I'll have to take pics of the seat on my bike, this is a complete seat assembly, not a seat cover, check BRP's website, accessories for the RS, the seat was $365 shipped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for the info. i decided to go with a Corbin seat. got heated front and reg rear and one removable backrest for the long trips

thanks guys for all the info and help, can't wait to get my seat should be here next week

MJK

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seats

Speaking of seats... Where would I find a cover for just the seat? It's starting to get warm and I keep burning my butt when I sit down.
Help out a n00bie, will ya? :D
Chris.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The comfort seat is better than the stock seat and the corbin seat is better than the comfort seat can-am sells. I paid $449.00 for the comfort seat and replaced it with the corbin seat with back rest (1) for $825.00 delv. should have kept the 449.00 towards the Corbin seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was able to score a brand new BRP Comfort Seat on Ebay for $300 bucks and $12 shipping. Both me and my wife love it over the stock seat and fairly easy to put on.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts