Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
We just bought my wife a 21 RT. She loves it however she comes nowhere near the seat back. She's 5'2" and has a, likewise, short inseam. I'm looking for ideas for a reduced reach seat. We could do the bars but that would put her too far away from the brake....

Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 RTL
44 Posts
There are after market seats you could check into. Corbin,Mustang, Ultimate, Google any of these vendors for "can am Spyder seat" I think you will find your solution. They can
customize a seat for you to put her closer to the handle bars or customize your Spyder seat by sending in to them.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ryde safe and enjoy your Spyder

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are after market seats you could check into. Corbin,Mustang, Ultimate, Google any of these vendors for "can am Spyder seat" I think you will find your solution. They can
customize a seat for you to put her closer to the handle bars or customize your Spyder seat by sending in to them.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ryde safe and enjoy your Spyder
Thanks,
I've got some emails out to Corbin and Mustang as I've used both on various Harleys and been happy....we'll see

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
While you are doing your research, try a small rolled up towel at the back of the seat.......to get a feel for how far forward it needs to go.
Might also try Russell and Diamond Custom Seats.
Diamond did mine with a similar modification.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a great idea! Thanks!
While you are doing your research, try a small rolled up towel at the back of the seat.......to get a feel for how far forward it needs to go.
Might also try Russell and Diamond Custom Seats.
Diamond did mine with a similar modification.
Are you happy with your Diamond seat? and do you recall about how long it took?

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
Are you happy with your Diamond seat? and do you recall about how long it took?
Yes. Since I live close to their factory, I think the time from order to delivery was about 4 days.
At that time, they did NOT require you to send in an old seat; they had seat pans.
That way, there is no "down time".

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
Thanks, I’ll give them a call next week…see if they can whip a fix on this…
I strongly encourage you to do the test first so you don't make a mistake with how much "push forward" that you ask for.
I got 2 inches and it makes more difference than I though.
More than 2 inches would have been too much.......for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
We just bought my wife a 21 RT. She loves it however she comes nowhere near the seat back. She's 5'2" and has a, likewise, short inseam. I'm looking for ideas for a reduced reach seat. We could do the bars but that would put her too far away from the brake....

Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!
F3's are adjustable, not sure about the RT's

·
Registered
9 Posts
F3's are adjustable, not sure about the RT's
I had the same problem. I bought "Helibar" adjustable handlebars (approx $620) after watching a You Tube video I was easily able to do the installation myself. The Helibar worked out great for me. They moved the grips about two inches closer to me without changing my seating position. You can also adjust them up & down, backward & forward and adjust the angle of the grips also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts