Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SE5 takes two filters. I am ready to change the oil but need clarification if both filters are the same? I want to order a two-pack of filters but am concerned that they are only oil filters and not for trans. Are the trans. filter and the oil filter the same? I don't to have the wrong filter for the trans when I drain everything and then realize it is not right.

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Filters are not the same. Hydraulic shifter body filter is much smaller. Personally, I change the shifter filter every other oil change even though they share the same oil. The volume through the engine oil filter sees much higher flow rate.

SHIFTER FILTER is P/N 420256452
OIL FILTER is P/N 420956745

SHS Powersports has very good pricing, excellent customer service, fast shipping. Link to their drawings below.

[url=http://www.shspowersports.com/custompage.asp?pg=can-am-cycles

Spydersense

·
Registered
22 Posts
oil change icon

talked to service manager, he said that at 600 miles, and 3000 miles there after a wrench icon appears on the dash as a reminder to change oil. he also stated that there is no way to reset and remove the icon except by them pluging your can am into their computer. he wants a hundred bucks to do this.
does anyone know if we can reset this icon [make it disapear till next time] ?
for a hundred bucks i can live with it. for oil change , 2 different filters with o rings, oil pan strainer o ring, drain plug [ 2 ] metal seals.
thanks jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts