Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased either of these two items from Custom Dynamics and if so what are your thoughts.

One is the scuff guards that attach to your air wings to use as highway pegs, and the other is a large running brake light that mounts on the trunk.

Attachments

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I have both

the scuff guards work fine for highway pegs but you can't put much weight on them

The high brake light is fantastic. I have it along with the hidden brake lights by tricled.com along with a wake up brake light module from Signal dynamics

with all of them going on at the same time it really REALLY !! gets the attention of everyone and I mean EVERYONE behind you

from a saftey perspective when you combine all the systems together unless the people driving behind you are dead then there are no issues being seen in the day and and night you have to see it to believe it..

hehe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. On the scuff guards do you remember if you used the additional support plate they talk about and was it included.

On the Tricled hidden brake lights is that the double row on the trunk that fits in the seams and if so are they really visible during the day?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I had them installed by the shop I bought the bike at

and yes the "hidden" brake light are easliy seen in the day

here is what mine look like in the day

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKwkKj1nqp4]DaySpyder - YouTube[/ame]

this is what it looked like at night before I finished it off.. bike is parked now so can't show you what it looks like now

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig24prA-kNE&feature=related]NyteSpyder1 - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
76 Posts
From Cowtown

I have the scuffguards as installed by Cowtown and use them as my highway pegs. Yes, the plates were used and I highly recommend doing so. No 3rd brake light as yet, but the more reviews and posts I see it looks like the Custom Dynamics will be the way to go. Never heard of any interference with CanBus or any other anomalies.

Patrick

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
if you are going to go the upper brake light I would look into getting a "wake up" brake flasher too

also the hiddne brake lights by tricled.. they work wonders getting the people's attention behind you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts