Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '09 SM5, got about 10 miles on it, and the big NE snowstorm hit! A standard part of winter hwy maintenance in this area is to ladle massive amounts of salt on the roadways, helps melt the snow, I guess. It also creates a lot of slush, and while I have no intention of going out on salty/slushy roads I would like to take an occasional ride after the road surface dries out. There will be some residual salt dust on the road, I'm wondering if anybody else rides in these conditions, and how you clean your Spyder after a ride.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
ewwww

one would assume it would be like any other vehicle

give it a good wash with a hose and park inside to dry off

but really don't know to be honest,

we have never even ridden in the rain yet let alone snow.. besides too cold for me and bike is parked (BOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!) for the winter

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The top and sides wouldn't be any problem but I'm wondering about the undercarriage mainly, it doesn't look very easy to get to. Maybe a set of car ramps or something like that?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, been battling the effects of salt all my life....as you probly have too.

I won't be riding in salt spray or anything but just want a decent way to wash the undercarriage in case I do hit a couple damp areas, probly ramps would work the best.

I'm not going to let that early storm take away my late fall riding, that's all there is to that!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Be careful with the ramps... don't want to ding up the frunk while trying to get it up on the rise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree! Probly just make some out of 2x6's with a stopping block to keep me from going off the deep end!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts