Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, looking for some help/info; I have a 2010 RT-S blue with convienence & audio etc. I want to add running lights. On my, roadster, next to each headlight is a smaller, plugged, circular piece that looks like a place to mount lights. Can they be cut out & running lights added? If so who makes a set that fits in there. ( I asked people where I bought the bike. They had no idea what they were for)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lights

Bob, I understand these make you more visible. Do they actually provide enough extra light to help you see better? My goal is to have both. ed

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bob, I understand these make you more visible. Do they actually provide enough extra light to help you see better? My goal is to have both. ed
You should replace your headlights and fog lights with HIDs. I did this mod for $84.00 and my wife keeps telling me that the spYder looks so lite up that I am going to get stopped by the police LOL.
It does REALLY make a difference.
C-YA RL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lights.

Thanks Bob. Yes making the bike look better, making it yours is a great goal in its self. I have noticed I seem to get more attention from cage drivers. ( bigger foot print or just a really cool looking vehicle?)
Looking forward to a Spyder with everything working right.
ed

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
The "cages" just don't know what it is... the folks on two-wheels just don't know if it's a motorcycle...
I enjoy talking to people who ask about it, and I think that it helps to project some semblance of responsibility when doing so( :eek:) in order that they realize that the one-percenters just don't exist in our little world...

Inspector... Do the LED bulbs fit just the RS model, or the RTs as well???
(I'm sensing more trouble on the homefront! :D)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh... I've already got those LEDs stuffed into the fendertops... I was asking if there are LED bulbs available that fit into the headlights and foglights? (Sorry if I wasn't clear on that! :eek:)
I haven't found any LEDs that are recommended for headlights or fog lights. There are some made that will fit and work, but I don't think they are bright enough or perhaps can't be aimed properly.
I have replaced mine with HIDs.
Check about 1/3 of the way down this page.
Headlights & Fog Lights
C-YA RL

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
HIDs huh... I stuck a pair of them in my Grizzly 660 (ATV), and they were something the other side of fantastic... (You're gonna get me killed for sure! :D)
Sigh... so which lights hook up in the RTs? I got lost in the website...
Try this,
items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

I made an offer of $42.00 when they were selling for $46.00, but I see that they have come down even more.
Good luck C-YA RL

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts