Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that BRP ships the RT / RTL's with something on the rear suspension disconnected so that it's lower in the shipping crate! When it's taken out of the crate, the tech must reassemble that area! Is this true... and if so, what comes disconnected in the crate from BRP???

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
Because the day after I picked up my new Spyder, I went over a small speed bump, at walking speed, and the rear came down HARD... with a bang... almost like I had no shock in the rear!!!
OK......so......this is not meant to be an insult or to start an argument but you need to take it in and get it fixed.
Speculating about what the problem might be, or the cause, accomplishes nothing useful.

My guess would be that the air leveling system on the rear suspension has ZERO air in it.
That is a fairly common problem, caused by various assembly mistakes and an occasional defective part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK......so......this is not meant to be an insult or to start an argument but you need to take it in and get it fixed.
Speculating about what the problem might be, or the cause, accomplishes nothing useful.

My guess would be that the air leveling system on the rear suspension has ZERO air in it.
That is a fairly common problem, caused by various assembly mistakes and an occasional defective part.
It's been at a dealership now for the past week and 1/2!!

They said that they had to disassemble the whole rear suspension, take some photos of what they saw as "damaged" and sent them off to BRP Engineering for analysis! Still waiting on the results... and the repair!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
It's been at a dealership now for the past week and 1/2!!

They said that they had to disassemble the whole rear suspension, take some photos of what they saw as "damaged" and sent them off to BRP Engineering for analysis! Still waiting on the results... and the repair!!!
Sad situation. Have they offered you a loaner while they screw with it ??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sad situation. Have they offered you a loaner while they screw with it ??
Nope! They said something to the affect "we didn't sell you your trike"... so I guess they don't offer any loaners to anyone that did not buy from them???

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
Nope! They said something to the affect "we didn't sell you your trike"... so I guess they don't offer any loaners to anyone that did not buy from them???
Typical dealership BS.
If it is a brand new machine, it is BRP that foots most of the bill for all warranty related work.
They are just giving you a load of CRAP.

If you care that they might have it for MONTHS......while your warranty ticks away and you have nothing to ride......find the number for the BRP warranty help line and give them a call.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Typical dealership BS.
If it is a brand new machine, it is BRP that foots most of the bill for all warranty related work.
They are just giving you a load of CRAP.

If you care that they might have it for MONTHS......while your warranty ticks away and you have nothing to ride......find the number for the BRP warranty help line and give them a call.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it... BRP Customer Service US and Canada. 866-477-1415

BRP states "If you are still not satisfied with any aspect of the service performed on your vehicle, you can then contact BRP customer service. ... (all 2013 and newer Can-Am Spyder roadsters now include Roadside assistance during their warranty coverage period); the phone number for roadside assistance is 866-477-1415 in the United States and Canada."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, I called the new dealership where the bike is at this morning! (2 weeks at shop!) Like most motorcycle dealers they are closed on Sunday and Monday! The Service Lady told me that BRP approved the warranty fix, replacing the shock, bushings etc etc and she is ordering the parts today!! The dealership agrees that the bike was NOT PDI'd properly, and, I believe that they relayed that information to BRP when they sent in the request for warranty work along with the photos that they had taken of the problems!! So they told me that they will do that for me after the initial problem is fixed!! So far, so good... now we wait for another week!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts