Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Saddle Bags are very well thought out on the RTS. BRP obviously took some lessons from their Sea-Doo division in making these water tight:

The opening latch is below the central rear trunk, and lockable:

The interior is nicely sized, hopefully someone will make some fitted soft sided luggage:

The door drops down, has a cushion cylinder on one side, a guide wire on the other. It opens smooth as glass, very nice touch! Note the TWO latches on the lower edge:

·
Registered
570 Posts
The RT Ltd came with Can Am's soft luggage. The right bag is bigger than the left side. The left side has an indent in the storage area. Can Am made the soft luggage to fit only to the indent on the left side, so some space is lost when using the soft luggage. Also, the right side does get rather warm from the exhaust.

Having said that, the amount of storage on the RT line of Spyders is absolutely amazing. When you taking a shopping cart out of the store and walk up to a Spyder, people tend to give you the "are you crazy?" look. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the input on the bags.
I have 1 more question, the passenger audio control do you have to have a i-pod or mp3 player hooked up before it works the volume, or
will it control the radio volume.
Mine doesn't work when the radio is on.
Thanks in advance
I'm new on the board, and just picked up my RT-S Saturday and love it.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
with all that said you still can't put 99% of full face/modular helmets in the side bags

but you can get 2 of certain makes into the "frunk"

·
Registered
4 Posts
.Passenger control does not control radio volume. Bummer!
This came as a shock to me. The book is clear but salesman not so much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Big time Bummer. I couldn't believe it myself.
Maybe salesman leave that part out of their pitch.
Anyway, I have had my bike for 4 days and have 325 miles on it.
Thanks all for your reply
Love the bike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts