Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure out if my air-ride is working or not.....When I increase it to a harder setting ...it doesnt seem to change anything.....i checked the owners manual and i checked the air pressure in the shock from under the seat...the gauge showed no pressure....so i set the pressure manualy to 30 psi for a 200 lb. person....it did raise the back of the bike....ride feels better but i still don't nottice any change when i use the auto ride control....also the manual said you will hear the compressor turn on and off....i don't hear that either....

am i missing something???...am i expecting to much from the air-ride???.... any ideas or help??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rear Shock

My service people told me that there is a spacer under the rear shock that must be removed when assembling out of the crate. Failure to remove said spacer will disable the auto air function..you do have an RTS don't you?

Patrick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, been really busy at work...yes, i do have an rt-s....after checking the system...the shock will not hold the pressure...at 30 psi it takes about 5 hours when sitting to leak out to 0 psi...called dealer and they picked up the bike...the book siad if the air ride malfunctions....it will light up on the MANUAL when trying to adjust the air ride....doesn't do that either.....i'm going to call the dealer and ask them about the spacer...it makes sence...

thanks Patrick

·
Registered
34 Posts
My RT-S does the same thing. I'm getting an orange "manual" indicator whenever I use the air suspension buttons. It doesn't seem to change anything. I've never heard the air compressor running. I'm going to wait for the 600 mile service before I bring it up with the dealer.

George

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well .....at least you got the "manual" message....mine did nothing at all....i found out there is a recall on the air ride electrical connections...only the dealer has that info...hasen't been made public....after the dealer spent 2 days trying to call BPR tech line...they finally got through.....bad elec. connection on the posistion sensor....so they say....my brain is telling me....if thats the case...then y didn't the "MANUAL" mode light come on??? or the computer display a code for it...Hmmmmm....? I think i trust the dealer....but i don't trust BPR.....as far as the spacer under the rear schock needing removed.....they had no idea....i delieve that the spacer could have been the problem....can't be there when the pull it out...lol..or would anyone say...wow you where right and we should have caught that on the build and then on the predelivery inspection.....who knows...the heater grips in the back where not even plugged in...i fixed that one...and the ground wire on the battery was not tight and caused the bike to shut down and a message came on the dash...DPS..LIMP HOME...i guess thats a better way to tell a rider...GET READY TO START WALKING HOME!!!...sorry..just frustrated!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts