Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AWSOME!!!

The normal hassel with getting the insurance endorcement and RMV for plates(1 1/2 hour - but we left the line and had lunch so that wasn't too bad). The dealer then took me down to a private road for a couple of runs through the cones. My only reference is an ATV so it felt pretty normal to me.

Then 10 miles to the highway and 50 more on the interstate. I loved it loved it loved it.

Once we got down to the beach house, took SWMBO/LOML out for a ride. She loved it. Can not wait to wake up so we can take a long ride along the ocean in the AM.

Observations, not complaints just observations (keep in mind that I have almost zero motorcycle experience):
1) RPMS are pretty high on the highway 5100 at 70. I have read comments about there being a need for a 6th gear and well maybe
2) This thing has balls, no mater what speed you are doing a twist and it really jumps
3) It was fun, LOML said I looked like a little kid having a blast on a go kart
4) It was really windy here today, eventually I had to stop and ask my wife who was following me if it was windy. She told me she was having a hard time keeping the minivan on the road :)
5) With the windshield all the way up there is a strange airflow that gave me the sensation that my head was being pushed forward
6) Most dangerious part of Spyder-ing seems to be the rubber neckers on the highway, boy does it get attention. Then again it could be the handsome devel driving and by handsome devel I mean fat, bald, grey beard
7) Neighbor already gave me a hard time about a bike with training wheels, he can kiss my a$$ :)
8) My 16 year old, who has been pretty lukewarm about the purchase got really excited when he first saw it. He eventual became "cool" again
9) We did 110 miles - nice
10) Need to find the recommended shift points

More tomorrow and pictures, for now I sit smiling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did 250 miles today on Cape Cod

It hit an unheard of 102 degrees here, tons of traffic but what a great day with the LOML.

At the end of the day I dropped her off and she said thank you for my Spyder day.

Still getting used to the machine, but what a blast.

The seat is a bit disapointing, I can see why there is so much Corbin buzz around the boards

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Here's another Blue RT A&C report from the saddle!

Hi Guys! Well the Missus and I headed out Saturday morning about 9:30am. It was probably the most gorgesous riding weather imaginable...not a cloud in the sky and the temperatures were only going to get in the upper 70's... We ended up in Roscoe, NY, and took Route 206 West out of there towards Walton. After the obligatory shopping stop at her favorite quilting store, we continued West on 206 out of Walton and hit Route 8. The scenery was too beautiful to even describe... AND I forgot the camera! I guess I'll make this run again with the camera...:eek: Once we hit 8, We headed South to Deposit, NY, picked up 17 back to Hancock, and then took Route 97 South along the Delaware river back to Callicoon. Once there, it was 17B and 52 back into Liberty, and then 55 home... A nice 180 mile day! :D
This morning (6:30am), we took Rte 42 to Port Jervis, NY and then picked up 97 NORTH up through the "Hawk's Nest"... YOu guys wouldn't believe me if I tried to explain just how much fun THAT road is! Twists, more twists, and even MORE twists up and down the eastern Edge of the Delaware. :eek: A ride to remember for sure! Anway, we ended back up in callicoon for the same return trip as yesterday... a good 125 miles this morning. Oh, and the RT got almost 34.5 mpg overall... This was a GREAT weekend's worth of riding! :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts