Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added LEDs, side lights and upgraded headlights, Everything seemed to be working fine. Went out to show it off last night, after starting, the warnings scroled by and the bike will not shift. The bike was on jacks with the wheels off. When we put it all back together and drove into the garage everything was fine. After 3 hours of setting...phooey! I'm new at this...any ideas?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
weird

I have not any issues at all after adding a few extras lights and things.

maybe some how you hooked something into a wrong wire and Nanny said " nope not gonna happen "

·
Registered
58 Posts
Battery cables

CHeck battery cables.a loose ground can cause all kinds of things to happen.then start unplugging each mod until you find what's causing the problem. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the only way. Good luck

·
Registered
570 Posts
Do you have to re-adjust the rear wheel speed sensors after taking it off? You might check there.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still problems??

Thanks for the input. Somewhere I read in the forum to turn the bike off and on several times to reset. Seems to have worked...somewhat. Starts shifts runs and then every so often it lists the same failures or starts and revs high. Turn it off and it starts and runs fine. I think it's time for a trip to Spyder hospital.

·
Registered
110 Posts
check all the ground wires pay particular attention to the one going to the clutch pack can-am did about 1800 dollars of work on my bike and found that the ground wire was missing a 6 dollar item drove my bike crazy not starting not shifting etc. no problem since installed (ground wire)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts