Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new, 2011 RT-S, SE5. Out riding yesterday in 75 degree weather I thought my right foot was going to BROIL. Anyone know where I can find something to deflect the heat coming off the radiator/engine?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Some on here will give you the advice you need. As for me I just wear a pair of hiking boots. It helps. Feet still get hot but it is bearable with the boots on. I have ridden with just sneakers and that was uncomfortably hot. David

·
Registered
76 Posts
Toes

Same here mostly. We wear long pants and boots so the direct exposure isn't so bad. We know a retired tool and die maker with a Limited that was kicking around some kind of louver system, ala Goldwings to , control direction of heat flow winter/summer without compromising airflow. There are numerous posts about ideas for dealing with the heat on several Spyder sites.I for one would vote for the directional control. Also,high speed helps:)

Patrick

did I say that?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Spyderpops.com has a catalytic converter heat shield for both sides of the RT:

Home - Spyderpops.com

I've got an RS and installed the missing air dam and the missing heat shield, and it helped a bunch.

I was happy with the speed of delivery from spyderpops, as well. Would do business with them again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue and I got lucky in the sense that my bike had a factory deal where you could have "scoops" installed to help with the heat
issues..right behind the fog light housing is an open part that is the new part that I had our local dealership put on. Miss having that warmth when it is a little in the chilly side though!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts