Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too hot. Can't do it. I stalled for first time since getting the Spyder and missed second gear twice. She is in the shop now cooling off.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel the same why but I have to worry about the safety of myself and others.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've done some studies and know that my max temperature is 93 for riding without getting too hot, as long as I can get a little air flowing around me. Stop and go traffic isn't optimal at that temperature, I also know this from experience.

We've had 100+ degree days for 29 days this year so far... the majority of them in the last 30. My Spyder is getting dusty out there, and neither one of us are happy!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well yesteday afternoon the "official Thermometer" at our house showed 95.7 degrees...
The RT sat out in the sun and was reading 111 :eek:
Today is supposed to be just a wee bit "less chilly..." :D
I'm ryding though... Mother Nature isn't gonna pop me out of the saddle! :D
The RT has a thermometer??

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
ABQ, yours doesn't have a temperature gauge? My RS does... big fat numbers on the big dial to keep me well informed.

Bob, we're getting up early to head out for awhile tomorrow. Gonna take the cooling vests and an ice chest with water so we can soak them down when the temps get uncomfortable! My need to ride has outweighed my common sense... again... :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
What ever you do/all of you don't let the dealer connect you to the buds, there is a stupid cluster update that will also increase your engine running temperature TRUST ME ON THIS. BRP will not admit to this but this cluster update also includes a temp bar reading change that they claim only affect the amount of bars shown on the cluster but it has also caused the bike to run hotter, while in Magog QC last week a BRP person told me they are aware of this issue.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts