Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are looking at a trike. I have rode 2 wheel bikes for some time but the wife would never ride. We have rode her parents Goldwing trike and she seems to like it.

So we started looking at Trikes and the Can Am RT caught my eye so we went to look at them today. I see in the product literature the Maximum Vehicle Load is 525lbs.

Combined we are over this and it wouldn't account for any gear we took.
Two Obvious things are yes we need to go on a diet, and sure the attorney's at BRP would say no way!!

Interested in hearing if their are any more owners in my same range and your experience with the Spyder RT.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Well I'd hate to be the one to say something that gets you into a problem out on the road...
The load limits are often set as much by lawyers as by engineers. I'd be putting out a complete guess here; but If you were to run the suspension and tires at maximum air pressures, you MIGHT be okay...
You didn't say how far over the 525 pound limit you are, and I'm certainly not asking... If it was only a couple of pounds it's obviously going to be different that if you're "A couple more than a couple pounds"... This has to be your call!
The Spyders are a GREAT way to get out into the wind! :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
28 Posts
FYI. The load limit of a 2-wheel GL1800 is about 100# less than that of the Spyder RT. Load limits are set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to vehicle frame integrity, suspension, brakes and tires.

My wife and I are looking at a trike. I have rode 2 wheel bikes for some time but the wife would never ride. We have rode her parents Goldwing trike and she seems to like it.

So we started looking at Trikes and the Can Am RT caught my eye so we went to look at them today. I see in the product literature the Maximum Vehicle Load is 525lbs.

Combined we are over this and it wouldn't account for any gear we took.
Two Obvious things are yes we need to go on a diet, and sure the attorney's at BRP would say no way!!

Interested in hearing if their are any more owners in my same range and your experience with the Spyder RT.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bruuuce:

SWMBO and I are borderline but I believe that as most "recommendations" go, there is some cushion built in. Wish I knew what that factor is. We are looking to loose some but if either gain anything, I don't know where the luggage is going to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts