Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my bike in the garage last week finally, so I get to start working on it

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

I am puttin the Ride-On goop in the tires, but the bike will still be sitting more or less for another couple of weeks.

I know the stuff settles and then eventually distibutes itself around the inside of the wheels while you ride
but how long does that take? or will I feel a "thumpity thumb " for a while or does it last for only a couple of miles?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have heard that the Goop is harsh on aluminum wheels from ATV'ers. No personal experience as my ATV has steel wheels. But people say that it will pit the interior surfaces of the wheel because it is slightly acidic.

I believe it is suppose to balance itself out as you ride, similar to the balancing beads that you can use instead of wheel weights.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
There are 2 sealer's, Ride-on and Green Slime.

Green slime looks hard on aluminium wheels, and I now only use it in my KLR with tubes.

Ride-on just washes nicely of the aluminium wheels, and I use it in the car and spider tires.

Blown the sidewall of a car tire and the ride-on just washed off, years ago I had Slime in a tire and it left a black film that almost looked like corrosion on the rim, but it did clean off.

·
Registered
570 Posts
you are correct. It is the Slime that is hard on aluminum. I just checked, that is what I carry on my ATV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts