Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one made me chuckle.... the Spyder has become so well known that people selling things like this say: "Make your own Spyder".

Reverse-Trike-Kit-Can-Am-Spyder-type-3-wheel-motorcycle

What so many do not realize is the electronics (stability control and ABS) of the Spyder are what make it fun and safe. When BRP built the first prototypes it was pretty obvious that without electronics, the Spyder would be unsafe.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
My son and I were out on a ride last summer and were gueling up when an older fellow started walking over to us with a big smile on his face. He asked us how we liked the Spyder , and he said it with a confidence born of familiarity. As we talked he tokd us that he worked for the company that did all of the developemental work on the front suspension. They spent CUBIC dollars on getting things right, and it took an awful lot of electronics to make the project "fly"...
So it IS funny to think that an idiot with a welder can just build his own "Spyder type" vehicle... :D :eek: :D
(My apologies to the guy who's selling the kit...)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts