Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Replacement top case light that works for my F3 Ltd

627 Views 19 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Easy Rider
So I went around my F3 before I took it down for its annual required check to operate on a road here in New Zealand.
I had always assumed the light in the top case was a riding and brake light. EEEEEh wrong. To my shame I dont recall ever checking it worked at all. I recall seeing the tail lights but not much about that one.

I pulled it out. 2 push pins and checked it was getting power to the plug. Yep.

Then undid 2 little bolts and had a good look.

It seems its just a placebo fitting. There is wiring in the oem loom and its attached but the fitting is all b s.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Grey Vehicle

It looks good but it dont work. There are no pins. Where the fitted oem plug is fitted.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Hood Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Hood

See what I mean? What a load crap!

So I found out here in NZ and Aus and the UK its not a standard fitting with a working light.
Ripley's believe it or not.

It started to do my head in a bit. No light placebo bit of junk v a high stop light has to be a great idea, shirley thats a no brainer.

I made a local inquiry. Yes Sir we can order one that works, it will have to be sent and that will cost you $350 nz.

Himm. Yeah right...

So I went surfing. Hard to find, you bet. Ended up getting one from MartinTheVlogger.

I ordered one and it arrived from Slovakia in 9 days.

Cost was 110 quid / $200 nz / $125 us delivered. Which is still nuts but what do you do?

Some photos.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Grey Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle White Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Install video. Take ya 10minutes (if that) all up including assembling the tools.

Link to the site
SHOP | MartinTheVlogger Can-Am SPYDER & RYKER Parts & Accessories

So there you have it.

Hope this helps out should someone else want to sort it.

Cheers Gerald.
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Not a working light??? Just another amazing fact about these Spyders. The departure from common sense from the engineers continues to make me just shake my head in disbelief.

Glad you got it sorted out. Extra lights are a definite need.
Reactions: 2
So I went around my F3 before I took it down for its annual required check to operate on a road here in New Zealand.
I had always assumed the light in the top case was a riding and brake light. EEEEEh wrong. To my shame I dont recall ever checking it worked at all. I recall seeing the tail lights but not much about that one.

I pulled it out. 2 push pins and checked it was getting power to the plug. Yep.

Then undid 2 little bolts and had a good look.

It seems its just a placebo fitting. There is wiring in the oem loom and its attached but the fitting is all b s.

View attachment 7371

It looks good but it dont work. There are no pins. Where the fitted oem plug is fitted.

View attachment 7377

View attachment 7372

See what I mean? What a load crap!

So I found out here in NZ and Aus and the UK its not a standard fitting with a working light.
Ripley's believe it or not.

It started to do my head in a bit. No light placebo bit of junk v a high stop light has to be a great idea, shirley thats a no brainer.

I made a local inquiry. Yes Sir we can order one that works, it will have to be sent and that will cost you $350 nz.

Himm. Yeah right...

So I went surfing. Hard to find, you bet. Ended up getting one from MartinTheVlogger.

I ordered one and it arrived from Slovakia in 9 days.

Cost was 110 quid / $200 nz / $125 us delivered. Which is still nuts but what do you do?

Some photos.
View attachment 7373

View attachment 7374

View attachment 7375

View attachment 7376

Install video. Take ya 10minutes (if that) all up including assembling the tools.

Link to the site
SHOP | MartinTheVlogger Can-Am SPYDER & RYKER Parts & Accessories

So there you have it.

Hope this helps out should someone else want to sort it.

Cheers Gerald.
I am supper happy that you are happy, and thank you very much for sharing :) martin
Reactions: 1
I am supper happy that you are happy, and thank you very much for sharing :) martin
The matter is simple, apparently the lamp is not approved in NA. You can buy the lamp here: https://www.amazon.com/SAUTVS-Reneg...EYVJg448WkfOGFVnU27tpRMZUP0Um1yYntn1Og-irr2PE
Its SAUTVS and they are super well know for fake things.
Many of their products cannot least a week :)
but as always you get what you pay for :)

The matter is simple, apparently the lamp is not approved in NA. You can buy the lamp here:https://www.amazon.com/SAUTVS-Reneg...EYVJg448WkfOGFVnU27tpRMZUP0Um1yYntn1Og-irr2PE
The matter is simple, apparently the lamp is not approved in NA.
YOU need to explain yourself before you make any more posts.
So far, it looks a LOT like you are SPAMMING for some commercial enterprise.
What are these accusations based on? I live in Poland and the lamp manufacturing company is located in Singapore. I guess there's a difference in spending about $50 on a lamp instead of $200. I just wanted to help save a few dollars. Is it wrong?
What are these accusations based on? I live in Poland and the lamp manufacturing company is located in Singapore. I guess there's a difference in spending about $50 on a lamp instead of $200. I just wanted to help save a few dollars. Is it wrong?
Hmm... original lamp cost less tgan half what you have said :))) but i wgot your point 😉😉😉😉
Um. Just to clarify things. Like apples with apples in regards to the pricing.

Like $50 to $200 quoted - incorrect Sir!.

My light cost $200 NZ$ delivered to my door with tax paid.
Cost was 110 quid / $200 nz / $125 us delivered.

Price In Kiwi dollars as that is what its about in my post. Im the op

Amazon one in Kiwi Dollars Price 64.17 - post $20.62 + 15% GST brings it to $97.50

Price NZD 64.17
AmazonGlobal Shipping NZD 20.62
Estimated Import Fees Deposit NZD 0.00
Total NZD 84.79

So I guess its I guess there's a difference in spending about $50 - nah double that to $97.50 on a lamp instead of $200.
See less See more
We live in different countries and there are different tax systems. I bought this lamp on Amazon and paid exactly 54 US dollars with shipping. I made a mistake because I didn't notice that $200 is NZ dollars. I just wanted to help. Sorry
Product Font Screenshot Software Web page
See less See more
No worries I just wanted to correct the pricing claim.

The big news is that the Ski-Doo ones fit plug n play to the top cases.

Searching the Ski-Doo ones I see today there are SPI ones on the e-bay for $155 NZ delivered.
I know nothing about the brand.

The choice I guess is Genuine / OEM - BRP Can-Am OEM part or another brand of light, your make your choice..

All good info for someone whose looking to upgrade.
What are these accusations based on?
It is not your post so much as it is other indications.
Like your Avatar.....what is ATV KOTON ?

And what is that username that you are using ?
It looks kind of like a business web site. Is that really your name ??

While the absolute cheapest vendor of anything is often suspect these days, you are welcome to recommend anything that you please........unless it is YOU who is selling it.
ATV Kotoń is a non-commercial association of off road friends. Together we ride and explore Europe on quads. Here is a link to our FB page: To nie tylko hobby | Facebook
When registering on the CanAm forum, I used my company email, hence the name. My company deals with printing and has nothing to do with trade and does not advertise it here. I'm sorry you're accusing me of working for some corporation.
  • Haha
Yep. I googled yr ATV KOTON early this morning bout 12 hrs ago.

Was that you who flipped the quad? Ouch
Been there done that, I had a rifle slung and the quad with a Deer on the back. Blllaaammmm. Smacked me good into the ground. Broke my shoulder blade and cracked some ribs. Ye ha. Eyswatering, well almost..

Looks like a bit of Kiwiland you guys are zooming around. Nice country.
Like your Avatar.....what is ATV KOTON ?
And what is that username that you are using ?
It looks kind of like a business web site. Is that really your name ??
I did a search on that ( ATV KOTON ) , because I was curious. Quad riders. Out and about.
Not a working light??? Just another amazing fact about these Spyders. The departure from common sense from the engineers continues to make me just shake my head in disbelief.

Glad you got it sorted out. Extra lights are a definite need.
When I paid about $120.00 for mine the agent told me that it is Australian Design Rules that are to blame. Yes, unbelievable, but......
I did a search on that ( ATV KOTON ) , because I was curious. Quad riders. Out and about.
Hello Quada capsized by my friend. On quads we visited Ukraine, Romania, Montenegro, Albania, Greece. Qudy is my passion, and now also Spyder. We are planning several trips around Europe with the Spyder. On FB we set up a page where we describe our experiences about Spyder: SPYDER'S DREAM CLUB | Facebook
When registering on the CanAm forum, I used my company email, hence the name.
Not good.
Your user name does NOT have to have anything to do with an email address.
And there should be NO connection to your "company".

We'll see how it goes.
Not good.
Your user name does NOT have to have anything to do with an email address.
And there should be NO connection to your "company".

We'll see how it goes.
The conditions in Poland are slightly different than in the USA. As a society, we have a different mentality, different traditions, different upbringing. We also use other e-mail addresses for domestic companies and we use the endings .pl or com.pl. I use the gmail.com address only for google applications. Please search on google for any affiliation of ATV Kotoń with any company. In Poland, it is said that "nothing is lost" on the Internet. Happy searching.
The conditions in Poland are slightly different than in the USA.
I don't go searching for things because YOU tell me to.
It doesn't work that way.

Then......world wide, people who put up forums or sites or groups for a purpose that THEY choose are not happy when others flood their group with advertising or try to bully the group over to a different purpose.

I'm pretty sure that is no different where you live.

End of discussion.

Input from you that is even loosely related to Spyders and maybe even other motorcycles will be welcome.
Input on other non-related subjects is NOT.
Your choice.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 20 Posts