Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone out there got real world experience with the Reevu motorcycle helmet? These are just becoming available in NZ. My first impression on hearing about these was that the Reevu "rear mirror" technology was probably the biggest breakthru in helmet design ever....then I saw one in the "flesh" and decided it looked a bit oversize and clunky...and then I picked it up and found how heavy it was & my initial reaction - was "Too bad, a great idea ruined by too much weight...." The elder of you might recall the original Snell Z90 helmet specification - To meet the standard using the materials of the day the helmet had to be far too heavy. I think it took about 20 years for industry & the standards organisations to realise it was pointless having such an overdesigned/heavy helmet - the impact forces that it was designed to meet would have far overwhelmed the rest of your body and all you would be left with was a tidy face to present at your funeral...but I digress...marginally. Has the panel got any comments on the Reevu? Cheers.

So...Nobody out there has anything to say on this matter? I assume the Reevu motorcycle helmet is sold in North America? Or is it that Spyders are crash proof so you folk don't worry about helmets at all?

Over.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Reevu mx1

Received it today, bought on ebay, absolutely incredible.
Within 45 min of riding already getting used to it, no more blind spots.
I received a pre order letter from Reevu stating that they will go on sale late May in the USA.
I do not find it very heavy although it does seem a little larger than my AGV S-4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts