Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what it would be like to take a run from Redding Calif to Vegas near the end of April?

with us getting our seat done near Redding we were thinking about heading to Vegas for a couple of days to see how the new seat feels, as there is a break in period where they will fix things for free.

not sure of what the weather would be like going there. Is there not some Mtns that you need to go over? and would there still be snow?

we have been told we may hit snow going down there from where we live.. so mite need chains after all.. hehe

and skis and parkas.. hmmm not sounding like much fun getting there

hehe

·
Registered
570 Posts
There is a SoCal 250 at the end of April. If my memory serves me right, it is a 250 mile ride around southern California, starting in San Diego. I'm planning on making that ride.

You can take a trip down Hwy 1 and enjoy the ocean view while you try out the new seat.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm okies well you will have to keep me in the loop

cause I will forget real soon

·
Registered
163 Posts
Depends entirely on the route you take. Going south then west through Lake Tahoe and carson city then south to vegas... yeah.. probably at least a little snow... but could be a nice ride. There are several smaller highways all the way down to I-15 that could possibly make for some really nice road less traveled routes as well, but I can't vouch for them. The area down around death valley and pahrump should be well cear of snow by that time though.

Let me know when you are coming, and we can ride out to hoover dam or valley of fire or something.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kewl

our appointment is for April 24

1 - 5 of 5 Posts