Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day Everyone , I'm a newby here , my wife is purchasing a new Spyder in a couple of weeks , she's done her homework and knows what she wants etc , placed the order with the dealer etc , but we are a little worried .

Our neighbour had purchased a Spyder a few months back and had taken it back to the dealer for its service , as the guy's were going over it , they noticed the rear of the bike was sitting very low . They discovered the lower shock mount plates on the swingarm had broken away . My neighbour is completely baffled by what he has seen and doesnt remember anything unusual that led to this . We live in the country , the roads are just normal country roads , maybe a few rough patches here and there . The dealer is waiting to hear back from head office .

Anybody else here heard of any rear suspension troubles ??

regards

Scaroo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Umm ..........anyone heard anything ??

( anything at all regarding rear suspensions )

have I put this in the wrong section ??

Scaroo

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have been on for about a year and have heard of some problems with the RT air suspension and sometimes not holding air but never heard anything about actual breakage. Maybe I missed something but that is something I think I would have paid attention to.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Post in the RT section as well - I've not been an owner long enough to have heard of this problem.

Sounds like its not a common issue, with so few answers for you. That's good!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
that is the first I heard, only complained on back suspension was early batch of 2010 RT(S) shocks went bad quickly, mine went at 3500KM, replaced under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts