Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my armrests back from getting recovered and repaired (Corbin quality BAH !!). So Bob asked if I took pictures taking the rear pods apart to get at them and sadly I had to say no. BUT I did take pictures putting everything back together.

I also figured while I had the pods apart I may as well up grade the rear speakers and CB antenna (I have been told by the people I ride with I have terrible static when I transmit), so I got a hold of John Lazzeroni of J&M Corp.
He joined our little band of nutcases here before Xmas and I was intrigued enough to take a look at his Spyder upgrades. I told him what I needed and he said they develpoed the Antenna kit for some people who had the same issues, but I won't really know until riding season starts here in a couple of months BOO HOO !!!!!!!!! :(

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=46

With a little patience it all came together rather easily. I had 2 issues only, one with the speakers connections. I forgot to write down what wire went to what connection, but it turns out the stock connectors fit inside the upgraded connectors, and they will only fit a certain way. The other issue was with the antenna. You need to not have the it mounted to get the outer plastic shell connected ( that took some figureing but just have to be carefull) as you need to ba able to move the shell a bit and i found you can't get enough movement unless it's not hooked up, Then just mount it after everything is in place.

So the pictures are of putting everything back together, so just need to revers the order to take aprat. I also scanned the actual instructions.

Next project will be the fron speakers, but that won't be for another couple of months and that looks a lot more complicated.

enjoy

https://picasaweb.google.com/101869627209604921978/January292012?authkey=Gv1sRgCN767P6IvIerHw#

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL..

yeah I am hoping that the antenna works. I hate spending money then find out it's no good Corbin arm rests for example

cost $300 US to buy them, cost me $400 CDN to get the recovered and repaired

But I won't know about the antenna till riding season. The rear speakers sounded great, but the fronts are going to be interesting. it looks like you need to take the entire windshield and motor assembly off then the entire front dash .. so will let you know how it goes.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I tried them real quick when I started it up they were louder and the quality was much better, can't wait till I get the fronts done too

yeah that' the one part I have my concerns about with the antenna is what happens in 2 months and it does not made any difference? I also got a new super high quality headset, so I hope ** fingeys crossed ** with the new antenna and head set that the issues won't be there or at least not as noticible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts