Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are looking to replace my old Honda Goldwing GL1200 (985) which was totaled when an elderly man pulled straight out in front of me trying to enter the highway. I hit his drivers side at 65 mph. Bike was totaled. We have been looking at the Spyders but one thing she wants is arm rest like the goldwing had. She feels much safer with them. Are there good aftermarket rear armrests and are they solid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just purchased our 2012 RT. Found the ones we want at Big Bike Parts. They have a cup holder that mounts to the underside of the armrest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I are looking to replace my old Honda Goldwing GL1200 (985) which was totaled when an elderly man pulled straight out in front of me trying to enter the highway. I hit his drivers side at 65 mph. Bike was totaled. We have been looking at the Spyders but one thing she wants is arm rest like the goldwing had. She feels much safer with them. Are there good aftermarket rear armrests and are they solid.
I have the factory ones. The wife loves them. Try sling mods.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Factory ones are really comfortable. And I mounted ram mount underneath for the cup holder.
I have new 2021 RT Limited with factory armrests but they don’t fold out that far. Is there a trick I’m missing. Not too impressed with my new dealer. They really don’t know much about these machines.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag and liked the factory armrests on it. In some respects the factory Can Am ones are nicer. I mounted a RAM mount for a cup holder to the base. My wife loves it :)

She recently got her 3-wheel license and sometimes it's rock/paper/scissors as to who drives. When I ride in the back (I'm 6'2" 240lb), I fit just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts