Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to guide me through the process of removing the back fender on my Spyder RS? I unscrewed the bolts on the fender and discovered the wires that are connected to the inside of the fender. If I'm choosing not to have a back fender, than what do I do with the wires that were connected there? I believe these wires are for the tail lights and the running lights. PLEASE HELP!!!

Step by step instructions would be VERY helpful!

· Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone know how to guide me through the process of removing the back fender on my Spyder RS? I unscrewed the bolts on the fender and discovered the wires that are connected to the inside of the fender. If I'm choosing not to have a back fender, than what do I do with the wires that were connected there? I believe these wires are for the tail lights and the running lights. PLEASE HELP!!!

Step by step instructions would be VERY helpful!
First, go to Evoluzione and but the relocation bracket with new license plate light.
second, remove the panel above the rear tire and unplug the wire harness for the license plate light, there are clips on the swing arm that need to be removed as well.
third, remove the rest of the bolts holding the braces holding the rear fender and remove entire assembly.

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for putting up that information. I went to the Evo. website and found the product you mention, but it does not state any helpful information. Can you tell me where the relocation bracket relocates the license plate to (your pic is too small for me to tell....)?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First, go to Evoluzione and but the relocation bracket with new license plate light.
second, remove the panel above the rear tire and unplug the wire harness for the license plate light, there are clips on the swing arm that need to be removed as well.
third, remove the rest of the bolts holding the braces holding the rear fender and remove entire assembly.

When you say remove the panel above the rear tire, are you referring to the small tail panel that has the BRP logo on it? What is the swing arm? Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing! :)

· Registered
40 Posts
When you say remove the panel above the rear tire, are you referring to the small tail panel that has the BRP logo on it? What is the swing arm? Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing! :)
The new plate bracket mounts under the tail light, the panel I'm referring to is the large black panel from the tail light to the rear shock. That's were the wire harness plug is for the license plate light. The swing arm is located on either side of the rear wheel where the rear axle mounts, there are clips on the inside of the swing arm what hold the wire in place for the oem license plate light. The kit from Evoluzione comes with a complete instruction kit and a template to drill the black panal you remove earlier to reconnect the new license plate light. Hope this helps.

The picture of my bike is when it was stock, much different now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.