Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted everyone to know that a large Spyder group will by rallying in Albuquerque on 6/19 before heading up to Durango for the Owner's event on 6/20.

We have a group rate established at the Ramada Inn off I-40 in Albuquerque. $59/nt with an upgraded room that has 2 queen beds, a fridge and microwave. Plenty of parking and good facilities.

When you book your room, do it under "Spyder Motorcycle Club" and you'll get the group rate plus the upgrades. Cancellation policy is fantastic--you must cancel by 4pm on the day of arrival. They have a pool and nice facilities. You can check them out here: http://www.ramada.com/hotels/new-mex...n_date&rooms=1

Phone is 1-505-296-4852.

Check-in is after 3pm; check-out is noon. I'm sure they can get you in sooner if you need an early check in.

This is great for me too--I live 4 miles from the hotel.

If you have already booked--you can call back and tell them you're with the "Spyder Motorcycle Club" (or the SMC as I'm now calling it) and they'll give you the rate.

If you're coming in to Albuquerque earlier than the 19th, they'll still give you the good rate. I know some folks are coming in from Dallas that Sunday and doing rides Monday & Tuesday before heading to Durango on Wednesday. I'll definitely be riding with the group Tuesday. We're planning to ride Historic 66 to the crest of Sandia mountain, and then take the Turquoise trail to Madrid, which is where they filmed "Wild Hogs".

Good stuff--I hope to see you there!

Best,
--ABQ

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sounds like a great time! Wish we could make it.... business prospects here have me staying close to home this year. Working on getting a photography business off the ground, and that's taking precedence over everything else right now. Have enough fun for me, too, please!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Spyders in numbers are a flock?

I'll bet Spyders being ridden by their owners on the curves or even the straightaways with beautiful backgrounds would sell to the people in the pictures. I understand there's a guy who does that on the Tail of the Dragon in Georgia.... hmmm.......... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well they could be a "gaggle", or maybe a "pride"... :eek:
I know! How about a "Confusion"?
Perhaps a "herd"? haha Well I know there will be a bunch of folks here from the Spyderlovers site. I wanted to make sure all the great folks on CanAmSpyderforums were also aware. We're going to have a great time!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Maybe a Spy of Spyders? :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts